New roof rack question

cstone28

Hi, I just picked up my '03 laser blue P5 on the weekend, love it so far. Being in Canada I have a question. Can I get the American stock roof rack in Canada, if so where and how?

About the only way to do it, is to purchase it from one of us down here. I happen to have a "used" one for sale if you're interested, ...

I'm not real sure how much.

Pro5 is selling his in the forsale forums, he stated NEW OEM price is around $800 USD.

I was thinking somewhere around 200, 225 with the moonroof deflector. I could be convinced to lower the price if you were willing to send me all the parts you took off your car.

Here's the deal on the install.

The forward/backward running rail (runs the length of the car) is held on by 4 bolts that go through the roof (you will have to remove the headliner). The two black trim strips that you have in place of the roof rack SHOULD be held on by sticky tape (but I'm not real sure). If you remove those, remove the headliner, you SHOULD have the 5 holes to push the rail through. Then you just tighten down the nuts, put the headliner back in, and you should be done.

I believe there was another Canadian that installed the American Roof racks, you may want to get in touch with him/her and get more information (could you pass it along to us if you do?)

To each his own, ...

1st, ... the cross bars do y'all NO good. I'm willing to send EVERYTHING that came out when I did the change-over.

2nd, ... do you have any idea what PN BN5W-51-7BYC is? (neither do I, which is my point, ...)

My roof rack came in a box just like the one they show, oh yea, except it is just the cross bars. Not the runners, and you realy cant put it on without the runners. If I can find someone that whats mine, I will look at selling it (Runners, Xbars, bolts).

Possibly work in a trade for canadian rain gutter parts.

Sorry guy's I've decided to go with the Canadian aftermarket. It's made by Yakima and so are the attachments that I want to put on it. It doesn't look as nice as the America one but I hear it functions better and is quieter.

Thanks for the help though.

Back