Just say no to rotary and pistons. Hello Quasiturbine!

very cool... strong design... seems like alot of joints and things that could break. Interesting none the less.

I don't see how this does not infrige on Mazda's Internal Combustion rotary patent.

Last edited:
noclue119 said:
I don't see how this does not infrige on Mazda's Internal Combustion rotary patent.
They can't just patent any engine that doesn't have pistons. This engine is very different from a wankel.

ya from the first article i didn't understand what it was doing i thought i was a 4 chambered rotary engine and that was it.

but after reading it, it makes more sense why that is a better engine

noclue119 said:

also, i think in the 70s.. correct me if i am wrong, but gm had a rotary engine , but was never produced, it was supposed to go in a amc car, but amc couldnt get the rotary engine from GM, so they stuck the straight 6 in it.. saw that on the history channel.. so mazda doesnt have a patent on the rotary engine, just the Wankle Rotary... this also proves mazda is better, hehe, they the only company ever to mass produce a rotary engine.. go mazda!!!

but anyways, that looks like a good design on paper and computer, but i think its gonna be a whole new challenge to actually get it to work..

Rism said:
looks overly complicated.
In comparison to a wankel, maybe. In comparison to a standard Otto 4-cycle, hardly. It still doesn't have the cams, valves, springs, pushrods, etc that complicate a normal engine. And it seems they are saying no ignition is necessary on the carriage type QT either. Oh, no oil system, no flywheel either!
I'd love to see one of these in action.

Last edited:
shaneMazda2000P said:
also, i think in the 70s.. correct me if i am wrong, but gm had a rotary engine , but was never produced, it was supposed to go in a amc car, but amc couldnt get the rotary engine from GM, so they stuck the straight 6 in it.. saw that on the history channel.. so mazda doesnt have a patent on the rotary engine, just the Wankle Rotary... this also proves mazda is better, hehe, they the only company ever to mass produce a rotary engine.. go mazda!!!

but anyways, that looks like a good design on paper and computer, but i think its gonna be a whole new challenge to actually get it to work..

there was also a rotary corvette concept car

peepsalot said:
In comparison to a wankel, maybe. In comparison to a standard Otto 4-cycle, hardly. It still doesn't have the cams, valves, springs, pushrods, etc that complicate a normal engine. And it seems they are saying no ignition is necessary on the carriage type QT either. Oh, no oil system, no flywheel either!
I'd love to see one of these in action.

wtf, no flywheel or oil system?? how is that thing supposed to stay lubricated and how the hell does it connect to the transmission?

Suzuki had a rotary motorcycle...RB-5 if I remember correctly. Owners called it the water buffalo because the radiator was huge. I would also like to see where this goes.

shaneMazda2000P said:
wtf, no flywheel or oil system?? how is that thing supposed to stay lubricated and how the hell does it connect to the transmission?

it still has an output shaft in the middle but it rides on wheels (8) so there is little friction, and no need for oil.

edit: there will be parts that need oil, thats a given but its nothing like a piston engine is what they are sayin.

Last edited:
wow... looks pretty sweet to me... gotta love that fact that it has no spark plug... even less emisions... get rid of these damn cats!!! dont' think it will come to life in my lifetime (at least mass produced) as a car engine, but its other possibilities are feasable without the the big business of the automotive industry to stand in its way...

terbow said:
it still has an output shaft in the middle
and how is a output shaft gonna connect to a trq convertor

i dont see this ever bieng mass produced, this would kill the oil companies and they wont have that, so they will pay off someone to make it not work...

Latest posts

Back