MP3 RacingHart Wheel Specs

rowan

For the record .. everything you wanted to know about the stock MP3 wheels. Right from the spokes. I am a little confused by the Hart & Enkei stamps though ... enjoy! :)

I also weighed the wheel & tire combo and it came to about 40 lbs. (But by a quick google search, the SP9000 accounts for almost 25 lbs of that weight!)
update: Weight of tire alone is ~20 lbs so as others say .. wheel ~= 20, tire ~= 20.

SpokeStamps.jpg

Last edited:
I also weighed the wheels last week. With the tire it's realy 40lbs :eek:

But if the SP9000 tires weight about 25 lbs, that mean our wheels weight only 15 lbs..... which is good for a 17" wheel.

yeah... yeah

I seriously doubt the rubber itself is 25lbs and the rim 15lbs. There is no way our rims are 15lbs!! I believe they are like 24lbs. And about the Enkei
,i was wondering the same thing cuz i have an extra wheel and about three months ago i saw this stamp on the inside and i was like WTF?? Enkei doesn't make Racing Hart!!?? But i do know that Enkei is a long time partner with Mazda. So if anyone knows anything, shout.
Peace,
Zane

Ok on the first link

Look at the difference of weight the 245/40/17 and the 225/45/17.
Its almost 2lbs take off another 20mm from the 225/45/17to make it 205/45/17 and i sayit would be close to about 18-19lbs, 18 at best. So that would put the rims in the 22-21lbs area which is much more realistic!!
Peace,
Zane
(BTW nice links, good search)

Racing Hart designs the wheels, but enkei actually manufactures them for Racing Hart. Same thing with the MSP wheels. Enkei does this for a lot of companies.
Don't worry, their still Racing Harts. And they are around 20-24 lbs I beleive. I think this came up before sometime.

The Racing Harts weigh 22.5lbs a piece. I weighed my a while back when I was gettign some tires mounted on and Auto R&D.

Last edited:
I like that the one spoke has "MPS" (Mazda Performance Series) in it, which was what the car was called before it came to market.

And you all know that the MP3 was originally going to be called the Mazdaspeed, but because of a lack of horsepower, Mazdaspeed with held their name from the car.

That's the site I saw when I mentioned the 25 lbs tire weight.
I took that 205/50 number and then looked up the weights of one of Continental's tires (because they include weight with the rest of their specs) between 2 different series of the same tires and it was less than one pound.

What does the VIA number indicate? Strength? Or is it supposed to indicate 6.90 Kgs?

I'm getting new tires put on next week so I'll try to remember to bring scales to the shop and weigh everything separately.

If the "690kg" is supposed to be 6.90 kilograms, that would be ~15.2 pounds for a wheel weight.

Which, if that is the case, ends up being a very nice weight for that wheel.

15.2 lbs for a wheel is like saying a forged racing wheel weight. And while our wheels are nice they are not forged. They are cast i believe. There for there is no-way they can weigh 15.2 lbs.
I'm still saying they weigh around 22lbs.
Peace,
Zane

15.2 lbs doesn't automatically imply forged .. the OZ Chrono Evo wheels and Superleggaras are around 15 lbs and aren't forged.

Ok, to end the wheels weight topic once and for all. I have weighed my MP3 and I got 22.5lbs. I just weighed it again the other day at Auto R&D. So there you have it, the MP3 17' weighs 22.5lbs.

Nice job APEXistud (thumb)

Now I need to find some nice looking wheels under 15 lbs, maybe some 16".....:confused:

Back