Nasty Smell!

Strata

:
Mazda Protege 5
Has anyone turned on the AC and just a NASTY smell comes out..along with the cold air? I cant really describe the smell but nasty...would truning the heater on full blast do anything to help it? I heard someone like that before.../shrug Im just trying to see if anyone else has had this problem

yah i get it sometimes with my car too. it's probably the filter getting moist and smelly or something along those lines.. i personally just run the fan on full blast for about 10 seconds or so and the smell usually goes away .. jsut my .02

there is a TSB on this, just get a disinfecting/mold killing aerosol (ask your dealer for some or a recommendation), you run your A/C full blast and shoot that stuff into the air intake for the cabin, I'd link the TSB, but I'm a too lazy this morning

hehe, a simple link to the TSB would have worked too ;)

thanks for hooking them up Focus

I have the same problem when I first use the vents in spring, and I don't have A/C????

I tried to use the vents (not defrost or foot) as often as I could last winter, just to have air circulate, but did very little for the smell.

Will ask the dealer. Anyone with the same problem?

Back