Anyone knows how to do a COMPLETE FLUSH of the coolant system?

By complete you mean not just the radiator right? Way I did mine was buy a bottle flushing additive. Forget what name etc but it was about 10 bucks. You drained the old antifreeze, filled the radiator back up with about 3/4 water and added this addictive in.
Then started the car, reved to 2k for 5 mins then let it sit for 10. Turn off, drain and refill per normal directions (rev to 2k for 5 mins, 3k for 5 seconds, then let it cool off and verify the level is correct).<o =""></o>

-------------

REMillers said:
By complete you mean not just the radiator right? Way I did mine was buy a bottle flushing additive. Forget what name etc but it was about 10 bucks. You drained the old antifreeze, filled the radiator back up with about 3/4 water and added this addictive in.
Then started the car, reved to 2k for 5 mins then let it sit for 10. Turn off, drain and refill per normal directions (rev to 2k for 5 mins, 3k for 5 seconds, then let it cool off and verify the level is correct).<o =""></o>

-------------

Then you brought both fluids to your local oil change place for recycling, right?

I used a garden hose to flush it. I figure the impurities in the droplets left in the system will be extremely diluted when it's refilled with antifreeze and distilled water.

Agreed. One of the oldest procedures to clean the coolant system is to drain what you can, fill the radiator with a garden hose and run the engine like that. One end of the loop will drain while the other end is continuously filled.

Filling it back up is really easy too. You know the capacity of the whole system (it's in the manual), so put half the capacity in when you're done (you won't be able to get all of the hose water out).

Back