Canuck Motorsports springs installed (pics)

djltoronto

:
Mazda 3 Sport
I just installed my Canuck Motorsports Lowering springs...
They look and ride great. They are 15% more firm that stock, and have a drop of 1.75".

Another important detail... these bad boys cost me a total of $168.80, that's after tax, shipping and shipping insurance = (that's $136.758 USD).

Car rides great, handles great, Im totally satisfied with them.
I don't have any before shots... only after..

Check them out here

Great look on the cheap. Wish I could get a set, damn gravel roads, I need to jack it up 1.75" not down. LOL. Looks good though. Did you install it yourself?

saskmazdaman11 said:
Great look on the cheap. Wish I could get a set, damn gravel roads, I need to jack it up 1.75" not down. LOL. Looks good though. Did you install it yourself?
Yes I installed them myslef.. took about 3 hrs for all 4. It's not too difficult at all!!

yeah dude they look phat and the price is totally choice.
the only thing i wonder though is ride quality, you say is 15% more firm but i want to know how it compares to Eibach and/or H&Rs.
anyone anyone?

I would say 15% more firm is good. My sportlines seem way more than that. Thats probably as smooth a ride you will get without couilovers.

I love how you can see the negative camber from the rear view picture! thats how mine is too! WE NEED CAMBER CORRECTION!

ZoomVT said:
yeah dude they look phat and the price is totally choice.
the only thing i wonder though is ride quality, you say is 15% more firm but i want to know how it compares to Eibach and/or H&Rs.
anyone anyone?

Copied from Eibachs website from the FAQ's
What is the spring rate of the Pro-Kit?
Only simple linear springs have a spring rate. A sophisticated progressive Eibach Pro-Kit spring has a load/deflection characteristic. The special design parameters are only accessable through Eibach Desk-Tech Database to Eibach's exclusive partners.
As for the sportlines... they have nothing listed with respect to ride firmness (nothing that I could find)

I find it strange that a company such a strong presence in the suspension world does not list more specs about their products on their websites. Customers have to buy it, install it, and then decide if it's what they wanted!
Or ask for other people opinions about it before buying, which is fine, but not everyone is looking for the same characteristics.

From the H&R website - main site
H&R also manufactures their sport springs at a spring rate that is 25-40% stiffer than most stock springs. Such attention to distinctive styling as well as precision form provides the motorist with smoother performance and more accurate handling.
The way I want my car to ride, is a slighty over damped condition, (not under damped), to achieve this, the springs I have are perfect, and I need to change my shocks to something like Tokico Illumina's - or D-specs (once they become available them).

All these spring manufacturers offer the same lifetime warranty, and they are all built with similar quality (IMO), the only 2 variables are ride and spring rate. You would think the latter would be readily available for the consumer to make informed decisions!

Last edited:
awesome work djltoronto.
i agree, it is hard to believe that a company with such a presence doesnt make their info more available to the users, it really turns me off when this happens as if they had something to hide, which i know they dont cause i only heard good things about them.
The reason i ask is because i want to get srpings and the canucks are so budget friendly i just wanted to compare quality. Now from what you say, the H&Rs sound to firm for my liking and a good friend of mine put them on his jetta and he says the ride sucks, his wife is pregnant and she says the baby gets upset when she rides on it cause its really stiff. haha
so it is in between the Eibach and the Canuck then, and the price is a pretty big factor, and 15% doesnt seem like much. i think im gonna get them althouh i also worry about the drop. 2" seem like a bit more than 1.4" that you get with Eibach. I am putting 18" wheels and i worry about some rubbing, with a 2" drop it would probably be more likely. what do you think?

ZoomVT said:
awesome work djltoronto.
i agree, it is hard to believe that a company with such a presence doesnt make their info more available to the users, it really turns me off when this happens as if they had something to hide, which i know they dont cause i only heard good things about them.
The reason i ask is because i want to get srpings and the canucks are so budget friendly i just wanted to compare quality. Now from what you say, the H&Rs sound to firm for my liking and a good friend of mine put them on his jetta and he says the ride sucks, his wife is pregnant and she says the baby gets upset when she rides on it cause its really stiff. haha
so it is in between the Eibach and the Canuck then, and the price is a pretty big factor, and 15% doesnt seem like much. i think im gonna get them althouh i also worry about the drop. 2" seem like a bit more than 1.4" that you get with Eibach. I am putting 18" wheels and i worry about some rubbing, with a 2" drop it would probably be more likely. what do you think?

It's only a 1.75" drop... if the Eibachs are 1.4, that's a difference of 0.35 inches (8.89mm for us Canadians).

A standard AAA size battery is 10mm's thick.
The thickness of 7 CD's without cases is 8 mm
A Canadian penny is 18.81 mm diameter.

We are talking about less than half the diameter of a penny!!!

The height difference is less than the thickness of your Mazda 3 Key!! I would say, the difference in almost negligible

you are right the difference is almost negligible but a difference that could mean rubbing or not as little as it is. I was only asking to see what other people thought or other people that had experince with 18" wheels and a drop.

I would think the less info they put in plain sight, the less info other copy-cat compainies have direct access to. Most of the time a phone call can get you the info needed though.

But i do agree, the basics of a spring rate, SHOULD be listed with all springs. It's like listing a car for sale, and saying it's fast, but no engine info to back it up.

M3Bullet said:
I was wondering if you are still satisfied with the springs, i'm in the process of buying them.

Thanks
I am still just as satisfied as the day I installed them. They are exactly what I wanted! Not too firm, not too soft.

Personally, I think that any bad reviews of these springs on this car are caused by people installing them without cutting the bump stops, causing reduced suspension travel.

djltoronto said:
I am still just as satisfied as the day I installed them. They are exactly what I wanted! Not too firm, not too soft.

Personally, I think that any bad reviews of these springs on this car are caused by people installing them without cutting the bump stops, causing reduced suspension travel.

When i get them installed do i have to tell them anything special and did you get a camber kit?

I just ordered them.I hope the shipping is fast ;)

M3Bullet said:
When i get them installed do i have to tell them anything special and did you get a camber kit?

I just ordered them.I hope the shipping is fast ;)
Nope... nothing special...
I bought mine from thier ebay store. Shipping took about a week

And to my knowledge.. there is no camber kit yet..

Eibach has published a part number for almost a year now, but I havn't actually seen/heard of one being installed yet. eibach PN = 5.67420K (+- 6.0 degrees of adjustability)

I also ordered a set too

Djltoronto, Did your tire have a uneven tire wearing on the inner side?
Looks like the camber is way off the spec.
I am worry that the tire will turn bald after several months.. or even less.

take care ~

oh yeah there is camber problem and still no camber kit to fix it. You would just have to deal with it and rotate your wheels often.

just need to move the rear tire to the front? and vise versa?

But, isnt the camber of the rear is the same as the camber of the front?

liug said:
just need to move the rear tire to the front? and vise versa?

But, isnt the camber of the rear is the same as the camber of the front?

No. The front camber doesn't go way off because it's a MacPherson strut suspension. The rear is a 3-link, so camber is affected more.

Back