Satellite Radio?

mazdaspeedpower

Contributor
:
2003.5 Titanium MSP
ok, so I remember before that I couldn't get my free sat. radio reciever since they weren't sold in Canada or some s*** like that, but now the CRTC has opened canada airways to sat. radio and you can now buy recievers in Canada....does this mean I will be able to finally get my ******* Sirius?

I've been down this road b4 if u get it, let me know how you went about it.

Well, I just talked to my XM rep, and he said both Sirius and XM will be aired in CAN. They wont be exactly the same as the US virsion, because the CAN Gov. wants to get at least five strictly CAN channels. But that about all I know for now.

Ian

Then I would say no, you won't get the free receiver. If they put it on a different signal, your receiver won't recognize it. Besides, Mazda'a sick of that deal.

Bitg the thing is('m drunk so bare with me(, we are supposed to get the eal, so maybe they will still hinour it, even if it is just with the Canadian vwersion tight?

I picked up the new version of the antenna for 50 bucks at BestBuy they were on sale the regular is 100US, no bs waiting months I had it the same day, much better than all the bs imo

sirius question

does sirius ready mean that i have to buy more sh*t for the radio to get it activated? I tried to subscribe but they need an ESN number for the unit and my radio doesnt have any menu for Sirius...do i need like an antenna or something?

yes you need a tuner and antenna. it is like 70 bux plugs into the back. you get the esn from the tuner

yeah, or ebay. if ya search you can find what tuner. i think mine is a SIR-KEN1. it is pretty low profile. i have seen people get em for like 30 bux off ebay

Back