Argh!!! I got into an accident!

cutiepie_1980

:
Mazda 3 GT (GFX) - Silver
Ok so last night a stupid lady comes out of a parking lot and onto to road directly into my car!!! She hit me so hard in the back wing that the car moved 2 feet to the right. Anyways I have minor damage to the body, only scratches, but it seems that the majority of the damage was the wheel etc. The wheel looks fine (it's the rear driver side tire), but the steering wheel is now dis-aligned (i have to hold it left to make the car go straight), and as soon as I go fast I have a hard time keeping the car straight.
Is there any chance that the damage is minor enough to avoid calling the insurance or is there necessarily frame damage since i can't drive straight? The reason I don't want to call the insurance even though she's already admitted that it's her fault is that last year my car got stolen, so this would be another large claim...

yeah, I would go to the insurance company. your insurance wont raise too much cause it's her fault. but, check it because you dont want to drive around in a fuxed car and risk getting into an accident yourself

I think you definetly need to check with your insurance...I dont think 1000$ would be enough to cover for the damage :(

your insurance shouldn't go up at all. it a claim on her insurance not yours as long as it's her fault. i've been rear-ended twice in the past year. over 10K in damages total and my insurance hasn't gone up a single penny!

I looked closer last night and the wheel is in fact crooked. Given that this is the rear wheel, for sure it means that the damage is enough that I won't be able to settle with the lady. My brother looked at it and said something about replacing the whole control arm. Plus my mag is all messed up, and I have body damage on the bumber, so I'm guessing about $2k. i called the insurance last night when i saw that :(

Thanks anyways guys.

You're insurance is not suppose to go up at all, it's her insurance that has to pay your insurance for the damages since she already admitted to being a douchebag.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and **** 99% of the ignorant mother fuckers that drive cars in this province. (flame2)

ok so take your estimate and add about 50-100%. That's how much it'll probably cost. Judging by your description, the following needs to be replaced:

1. Spoiler
2. Trunk
3. Driver's side rear quarter panel
4. Bumper
5. Wheel
6. Wheel assembly
7. Axle
8. Struts/suspension
9. Tail lights
10. Windows if any

Don't forget they have to repaint all the body panels, too. I'd estimate 5k in damage, perhaps more. Definitely get a police report on it. You should've called the cops right then and there. It may be too late now. Did you get all of the other driver's info? If not, you may also run into snags....

Good luck with everything...

Lord_Zath said:
ok so take your estimate and add about 50-100%. That's how much it'll probably cost. Judging by your description, the following needs to be replaced:

1. Spoiler
2. Trunk
3. Driver's side rear quarter panel
4. Bumper
5. Wheel
6. Wheel assembly
7. Axle
8. Struts/suspension
9. Tail lights
10. Windows if any

Don't forget they have to repaint all the body panels, too. I'd estimate 5k in damage, perhaps more. Definitely get a police report on it. You should've called the cops right then and there. It may be too late now. Did you get all of the other driver's info? If not, you may also run into snags....

Good luck with everything...

No, it's not nearly that bad. It looks like it's the control arm and any other parts to fix the crooked wheel, the mag, and body work for the scratches (on the bumper only). Where I think I'll have to argue with them is if they try to straighten the wheel instead of replacing the arm. There's NO way I'm letting them straighten it. It's a new car and I'm not driving it "almost straight" with a weak point in the wheel. (protest)

What do you guys think about the bumper? It's not cracked, just 2 scratches that go down to the plastic and it needs to be realigned. Now from what I heard repainting a plastic bumper was a big no-no. But in this case a buff won't do anything. What about touch up paint and a buff? would that be better than repainting the whole thing?

Back