Car got ran over... literally :(

manofmacg3

mmmmmm.... protege
:
2010 MS3
Well... my protege isn't doing so well right now. A guy rear ended me in his huge ass crappy truck with 33s and literally ran over the rear end of my car. As you can see it isn't pretty. If you look close you can see the tire tread inprint on my rear bumper and all those black marks on the fender is rubber. Whole rear end is f'ed, but appears to be no frame damage thankfully. Rear window is gone too. But funny enough the stereo still works just fine!!!
What sucks is that I don't have any of the guys info, but reason being is that the idiot was arrested on the spot. Probably for some outstanding tickets, or warrant... I don't know, cop didn't say. So by the time I realized, s***! I need his info... the officer said, "Umm...we had to arrest him, so now isn't the best time.. it'll all be on the report." So thats that. Getting my claims adjuster out here soon hopefully and hopefully soon will have the report so I can get the thing fixed!

Ironic thing is that I went down to FL this weekend and got stuck in traffic for hours because of 2 wrecks and then saw 3 wrecks while I was there... guess the universe was trying to tell me something...lol.

SUCKS!!!!!!!

Attachments

• DSC_072811.jpg
    DSC_072811.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 670
  • DSC_073011.jpg
    DSC_073011.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 605
  • DSC_074711.jpg
    DSC_074711.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 665
DE31 said:
your tail light is out.(doh)

Yeh... i noticed that. Its funny.. my car literally ate it. There was no part of it left on the road... its all in the car now.

Lol but that sucks man. hopefully everything gets fixed in no time. good luck.

crap.. everyone's wrecking their cars....
Sorry to hear this man.

Wow. Glad he stopped there and didn't completely run over the damn car.

I hate those damn trucks with lift kits. They're cool if you're out in the mud, but I can't believe that anyone would drive them on the street.

Pretzellogic said:
Wow. Glad he stopped there and didn't completely run over the damn car.

I hate those damn trucks with lift kits. They're cool if you're out in the mud, but I can't believe that anyone would drive them on the street.

More like.. glad he started to turn because he did run over the back corner.

And Prodigy... I agree.. its crazy. Both Ying and Danny, that I can think of, just got in wrecks too recently. Sucks

imo its better for u if its totalled, that way u dont have to wait to get it repaired and buy a srt-4 like everyone with a totalled protege does

Yep given the car and the damage to the rear part it could be total. Getting that rear section is expensive as the whole piece goes up the roof line..

least you are ok though.

*cough* CF trunk *cough*

actually now that i look at it more it may be totalled being that the labor involved in replacing the quarter panel is alot since it has to be cut off the car and replaced

Last edited:
Maaaaaaaaaan.... that makes me so sad to these pics. You have/had a great looking car.

I'm pouring a drink, literally, just for your Mazda right now. Hope you end up ahead whatever happens. Wonder what the asshole's deal was...? Someone doing too much crystal meth?

Damn, were you in it when that happened? That's just nuts!

Hey Pretzel, don't hate on the big trucks. I agree, some of them are just stupid big, but a truck with a 6" suspension lift and new wheels/tires is not a lot different from a stock one as far as driving manners/visibility goes. Actaully, all terrain tires that are 2x as wide as stock ones will stop a lot better in the rain, especially if you upgrade your brakes and keep them clean. And if you don't drive them on the street, how are you gonna get them to the mud? Buy another truck to pull it?

wow, that doesnt look good at all. it is possible that it might be totalled. wtf, how could the truck have just drove up over the back end of your car? suv poppin' wheelies down the block, y0!

I'm guessing it's totalled. I'm glad your alright though. Time for a srt-4 like everybody's saying or a mazdaspeed miata.

no, everybody knows that you HAVE to get a wrx when you get rid of the protege (jerkit)

anarchistchiken said:
Hey Pretzel, don't hate on the big trucks. I agree, some of them are just stupid big, but a truck with a 6" suspension lift and new wheels/tires is not a lot different from a stock one as far as driving manners/visibility goes. Actaully, all terrain tires that are 2x as wide as stock ones will stop a lot better in the rain, especially if you upgrade your brakes and keep them clean. And if you don't drive them on the street, how are you gonna get them to the mud? Buy another truck to pull it?

Wasnt it your friend who backed over a cavalier at the alabama meet??

Back