Zoom zoom BoOm x2.

Easy assumption to make! I can get you tater tots though if it helps brighten your day ;).

Get into the MPI tunner software again, The Global Settings should now have the new peak rpm experienced. Mine showed 8600+ (cant remember exactly) the day I shifted into 2nd gear instead of 4th gear.

MPNick said:
Yes but that is not what you posted. Your post stated that the MPI will over ride the stock ECU redline, it will not.

Here's my quote...

PS - The MPI "overrode" the stock rev limiter, because the stock rev limiter cuts fuel. Since your maps in the MPI probably have it dump fuel at the end of the map, that continued onward past the rev limit.

1- I said rev limiter, not redline, just to be on the same page
2 - I used quotations around "overrode".
3 - I said that it did it because the MPI is still telling it to dump fuel

End result is that the MPI caused it to override the stock rev limiter. Capice?

His motor went to 7,200 rpm based on the data from the MPI.

Which is exactly what I said in my first comment about it.

The engine must have gone much higher to cause damage. The stock ecu will cut the spark at 7,200.

No, it will cut FUEL at 7,200rpm.

Everyone (including myself) thought that it cut spark, but you came on about a year ago, and told us that it cut fuel. I tested it one time and proved you right, proving myself wrong.

As far as the MPI letting the engine rev passed the stock redline, maybe. You can adjust when the extra injectors stops adding fuel, so if you set it right it will not over rev.

Exactly what I said in my first post.

lol. You guys are funny.
It makes sense on why it did what it did then. Good explanations everyone.

Yea i love this place, theres hardly a thread that involves mpi that about the 2nd page is people correcting/debating each other, then about the 3rd page starts to even out back to the actual topic lol

make sure you keep us posted on what it was, the suspence is killing me.

Kooldino said:
End result is that the MPI caused it to override the stock rev limiter. Capice?
No the MPI will not in anyway change the stock rev limter. You can add fuel with extra injectors pasted the stock redline. But you are not overriding the stock rev limiter.

Yes it is fuel cut and not spark cut. 7,200 on a built engine should not have killed it.

Kooldino said:
I think he was being sarcastic. (ricer)

He may have been sarcastic, but not everyone knows what we have in our engine. Months from now there will be a blow up on the forum about if we have or have not push-rods because someone read it here.

MPNick said:
He may have been sarcastic, but not everyone knows what we have in our engine. Months from now there will be a blow up on the forum about if we have or have not push-rods because someone read it here.

geez... lighten up... if anyone who owns this car actually thinks it has pushrods and rockers, then THEY DESERVE TO THINK THAT.

MPNick said:
No the MPI will not in anyway change the stock rev limter. You can add fuel with extra injectors pasted the stock redline. But you are not overriding the stock rev limiter.

The moment you allow the MPI to add fuel past the RPM of the stock rev limiter, you are effectively overriding the stock rev limiter. Case in point.

how bout a carbuerater?

RyanJayG said:
geez... lighten up... if anyone who owns this car actually thinks it has pushrods and rockers, then THEY DESERVE TO THINK THAT.

didnt come with em (typical mazda) but i upgraded to some tein 16 way adjustable leaf-overs. s*** is tight.

avatar is awesome. u need one where peter forgot how to sit down

how about the "Dont believe your sistyer...putting your finger down your throat will not make you throw up"

slug420 said:
didnt come with em (typical mazda) but i upgraded to some tein 16 way adjustable leaf-overs. s*** is tight.

avatar is awesome. u need one where peter forgot how to sit down

fkmitsu said:
sounds like it was @ 7200 WOT for 6 or so seconds...maybe that did it?

Agreed, A Built motor is better but not perfect, I blew mine at 235 Km/h which was held for 10 seconds...

Back