Zoom zoom BoOm x2.

Aww come on ;) so what if you only have 1/6th of your boost and all the extra drag at 3000 rpm's ;). (domestics do better partially because of the lower redlines..)

Well he likes turbos himself (thus the name). However if I wanted to do a turbo then I would have to cut the car up something fierce to get the room.

Besides IF this motor makes 650 to the wheels and my suspension set-up is good enough that should be enough horsepower to put the car in the nines. Not that I actually would ever try to go nines, a mid to high 10 would make me happy.

this was a sad day for many NEPOC members.....

BoomBoom7.jpg

BoomBoom5.jpg

BoomBoom3.jpg

sorry bri......this car will be remembered as one fast stock protege!

-R

so now you and brianMP5T have had your forged motors destroyed by revvvvving way to high

who's next?

Actually mine and BrianMp5t motors went very much the same way. Going stupid speeds killed both our motors. End result of me going 140mph the night before the dyno run hurt mine because I wasn't even close to full throttle and the extra injectors weren't on, causing detonation. Then the load of the dyno finished it off. Brianmp5t going a similar speed for sustained while fatigued the rods and blew one out the side of the block.

Speed kills.

what boost were you running??? I dont understand why you would detonate if you had been tuned on the MPI tuner?

I think he mentioned he wasnt sure of the exact boost level. But im interested in hearing how he knew the injectors werent on. was it tuning issue or a wiring problem (i.e. injectors not firing)

extra injectors couldve been set to come on at certain throttle position. if he wasnt at or near WOT, extra injectors might not have started spraying.
But, cant you set the extra injectors by way of...boost,throttle position, and rpm?

atticus1398 said:
extra injectors couldve been set to come on at certain throttle position. if he wasnt at or near WOT, extra injectors might not have started spraying.
But, cant you set the extra injectors by way of...boost,throttle position, and rpm?

EIC is controlled by Manifold Absoloute Pressure and RPM.

daedalus said:
what boost were you running??? I dont understand why you would detonate if you had been tuned on the MPI tuner?

I had the extra injectors set to come on at full throttle and very close to full throttle. I wasn't even close to full throttle when running it up through 5th gear.

I find that in some cases the car seems to actually pull/do a little bit better at around 75% throttle in some cases... but others open her up :)...

i'd freak trying to tune the way you do... I have a mic on the motor to listen, a JandS safeguard to pickup and tune out any detonation I miss, and the wideband to keep my AFR's where I want them... without all that I'd like curl up and shake in agony not knowing what is going on! LOL... damn dependence on technology.

Latest posts

Back