Zoom zoom BoOm x2.

why? The msp already has pretty conservative timing.

Sorry to hear, especially after you've helped up so much with journaling your buildup. Best of luck getting the MSP back into shape, whether its to sell it or rebuild it again.

EDIT- Did you tune the higher end of the rev band where it ended up? I can't imagine you really fiddled with numbers up that high even if the MPI allows you to do so; it seems you were at the mercy of the stock pcm :(

Last edited:
D

BlkZoomZoom said:
why? The msp already has pretty conservative timing.
Well for me -5 degrees i think i had detonation not sure so we pulled more iam now at 11 psi and it pulls really hard . My a/f are at 12.2 12.4 now until 4th gear up top then its rich

mazdaspeed75 said:
Well for me -5 degrees i think i had detonation not sure so we pulled more iam now at 11 psi and it pulls really hard . My a/f are at 12.2 12.4 now until 4th gear up top then its rich
Before i go any fither i will be pulling timmimg at my max torque point on my old dyno then upping the boost .

stock bottom end? I think I would put alittle more fuel in. But yes you are right, every car is different and will need different things.

BlkZoomZoom said:
stock bottom end? I think I would put alittle more fuel in. But yes you are right, every car is different and will need different things.
yea its stock i need to make a little richer maybe 11.9 12.0 What a.f were you trying for

welcome back to the zoom zoom boom club brian.

I swear to god if you get an SRT4 I'm going to rip on you so hard..

but I guess you'll be able to hang out with all your cool buddies up at lebanon....*cough* chump *cough*

Sorry to hear about your loss. Dumbass dyno op.

PS - The MPI "overrode" the stock rev limiter, because the stock rev limiter cuts fuel. Since your maps in the MPI probably have it dump fuel at the end of the map, that continued onward past the rev limit.

jeez...

I have already experienced 8500rpms, the FS powered 323 revs up to 8K rpms all the time...

You need to see what the hell happened there.

I will take a guess.... If your rods are still in place: valve float killed your engine.

igdrasil said:
jeez...

I have already experienced 8500rpms, the FS powered 323 revs up to 8K rpms all the time...

You need to see what the hell happened there.

I will take a guess.... If your rods are still in place: valve float killed your engine.

I believe Brian was saying the original problem occured in the transmission area and domino'd it's way out..but I might be wrong there.

Kooldino said:
PS - The MPI "overrode" the stock rev limiter, because the stock rev limiter cuts fuel. Since your maps in the MPI probably have it dump fuel at the end of the map, that continued onward past the rev limit.

The MPI will not change the stock OEM redline.

LinuxRacr said:
This is the reason I didn't put my car on the dyno when I drove out to Arizona for the Mental Addiction Dyno day. Forged does not = bulletproof. It just means stronger. I was too far from home to have something like that happen. Thank God that car made it to Napa Valley and back to the DFW..

Very good idea. I broke my turbo some years ago about 4 hours from home. Hell of a ride back.

What about running big boost around your home base?(cool)

Aricjm15 said:
when your floring it and the trans/drivetrain lets go there is enough enertia/energy that the engine will just rev as high as it can, the revlimiter wouldnt have helped.

Could be part of it.

BlkZoomZoom said:

Why go richer?? Just for detonation safety? the low/mid 12s are good for power... all depends though here and there.

On the stock bottom end I know I wouldn't be going for more power, I would be going for saftey.

MPNick said:
The MPI will not change the stock OEM redline.

You mean rev limiter, right?

Yes it will, if you use extra injectors to dump fuel. We've been over this before.

Latest posts

Back