Zoom zoom BoOm x2.

It was pretty neat how bad they beat those cars.

Pictures and a teardown will help to see what happened. Also can you send me a copy of the map you were using on the dyno.

Wow, those are really impressive numbers before it gave, though. Sorry to hear about the loss. Whataever you decide to to, promise that you'll stay on the forums. You're definitly one of the more competent people on here.

I know you were messing a lot with getting the A/f perfect for the amount of boost you were running. If you don't mind me asking, how much timing were you pulling?

I'm sorry to hear about the engine. Everyone was looking forward to seeing what you could do on the built motor.

Ummm, I was just looking though some dyno sheets from MSPs with the stock turbo. It looks like if you would have finished the run, it would have been around ~340-350whp... That's assuming that is followed the basic curve that similar setups have shown. You probably have better flow high-end, though.

BTW, what do you mean by "stage-1 T25"? Is that just ported and polished housings?

when your floring it and the trans/drivetrain lets go there is enough enertia/energy that the engine will just rev as high as it can, the revlimiter wouldnt have helped.
this sucks dicks, rip that s*** apart so we can know wtf happened

damn dude, sorry to hear about it. awaiting to see the damage and a possible explanation

I don't think it would have gone that high. I was hoping to break 300. The a/f was and still is a unknown. I'm pretty sure it was rich though. The timing was backed out around 6-7degrees.

BlkZoomZoom said:
I don't think it would have gone that high. I was hoping to break 300. The a/f was and still is a unknown. I'm pretty sure it was rich though. The timing was backed out around 6-7degrees.
uber high revs = death

This is the reason I didn't put my car on the dyno when I drove out to Arizona for the Mental Addiction Dyno day. Forged does not = bulletproof. It just means stronger. I was too far from home to have something like that happen. Thank God that car made it to Napa Valley and back to the DFW..

Sorry to hear about the motor. This is the reason why I stay paranoid and run lower boost regardless of what any of the hecklers may say. I will boost high when I am ready. That is all.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear the loss man... yeah all bets are off on these motors after 7K... I'm limited at 6800 and don't plan on pushing past it, or even too it ever... but really really sad to hear that you lost that motor... Best wishes man!

it does sound like it wasnt the fault of the engine at all, but rather the transmission once again that lets go.

ouch (notcool) sounds like you dropped some serious money on that car if you were pulling that many horses. I'm sorry you had to go through that x2 mang. Curious to see what you are going to do from here.

The money doesn't bother me as much as the time I put into it. I had ALOT of time in the headwork, block, and even the pistons.

c

BlkZoomZoom said:
Man i run 8 -12 degress pulled up top AND 6 -7 MIDRANGE AND LOW END

Latest posts

Back