Looking to purchase a P5 - need advice. (AZ)

[w]eL

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

First off, here's a car I saw on Ebay this morning. The rims aren't my style and I honestly hadn't considered performance mods so much but the potential price is right on AND its only 25 miles away. The reserve is $9500. If anyone is willing to check the pictures and do a check for potential red flags/things to check when I visit the dealership, that would be very helpful.

...on a barely related note, if anyone knows a place in AZ that will rebuild an automatic transmission in a 2000 VW Jetta TDI, I might not hold off a little while to buy this car, heh.

-Ash

JM1BJ245021570679 carfax anyone?

the rims are bleh, but you can sell them to a civic owner pretty eeasy i bet. The injen upgrades are nothing to worry about... just minor stuff, intake, strut bar, better battery... The price seems to be pretty good pending the carfax, but def. check into it further.

Go take a ride though and see it in person... you will be able to judge much much better.

Good luck with eveything.

[w]eL said:

First off, here's a car I saw on Ebay this morning. The rims aren't my style and I honestly hadn't considered performance mods so much but the potential price is right on AND its only 25 miles away. The reserve is $9500. If anyone is willing to check the pictures and do a check for potential red flags/things to check when I visit the dealership, that would be very helpful.

...on a barely related note, if anyone knows a place in AZ that will rebuild an automatic transmission in a 2000 VW Jetta TDI, I might not hold off a little while to buy this car, heh.

-Ash

price seems to be a little on the high side for an 02 with that milage. your best bet is to go check it out and work out a better price. see if the timing belt was changed, how the pads, tires, etc.....

the rims are not my style, too!

yeah, I paid $9800 for my 02, stock, 30k miles

that interior looks pretty scuffed up, especially the hatch area
and that is one nasty ass ding on the front bumper!
if they want $9500, I'd make them put some OEM rims on there with a fresh set of tires
also, you'll probably want to drive that sucker, those aren't the stock pedals...

i will sell you my protege5 $15k 2002 26,000miles turbo charged mazdaspeed wheels gauges 3 tvs headunit is touch screen and two kicker 12L7s

hmm he said 9.5k is in his price range. I'm guessing that means he doesn't want to pay more than that, so 15k is outta the question.

I agree w/the others. Talk him down. Front bumper, wheels, aftermarket CD player are all good bargaining chips.

[w]eL said:

-Ash

First off welcome to the forum.

To answer your question about the transmission shop go over to www.azmazdaclub.com and post the question there. I live in Prescott and know a few up here and a good guy in Tucson but don't know any in the Phoenix area.

if u buy it i trade u my stock rims for those
there not my style but i would paint the inside polish balck and the out side crome

If you are intrested. I got a 2003 w/ only 38K on it. im selling her for what i owe 11.5 its a little more expen. then what you are looking for but also about 1/2 the miles. Let me know.
Im also in SLC.

I would recommend you spend a little more and get one with less mileage and in better shape interior-wise. The back of that thing looks like it was used to haul landscaping materials. The carpet and surround plastic look quite beat up. Also, that ding may run around $400 to $500 to fix. I would have them fix it or I wouldn't purchase it. It's really not in "excellent" shape as they claim. The rims are horrible. (Do they still have the stock ones?) You may be better off buying from a private seller. Just my opinions...

Thanks for all of your responses, guys. I think I'll pass. The guy sounded kind of like a sleazy asshole on the phone anyway but I suppose that's to be expected.

[w]eL said:
Thanks for all of your responses, guys. I think I'll pass. The guy sounded kind of like a sleazy asshole on the phone anyway but I suppose that's to be expected.

too bad...sure you will have other options if you want to get a P5

Back