Broken Rear Subframe

sjdmp5

After autoXing yesterday I learnt that I broke a weld on my rear subframe. I jacked up the car and find that I ripped my rear sway bar bracket in two and broke the weld on the nut that is welded to the rear subframe which the bracket is attached to. I also lost my Whiteline urethane swaybar bushing. Getting a new bracket from Mazda shouldn't be a problem, but Whiteline doesn't sell the bushing by itself, so now I need to find a 20mm urethane rear swaybar bushing. Any ideas? Also I think I'm going to switch to an MSP rear subframe. So if anyone has one for sale...What is the difference between the P5 and the MSP rear sway bar brackets, other than about $40 in price. I assume they are stronger but how and where? Will they work with my Whiteline rear sway bar? I've included pics.

Attachments

• broken.jpg
    broken.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 251
Check out Energy suspension for replacement bushings...They have basic Polyurethane busings in different sizes...You will just need to figure out all of your measurements.

Matt

You can also buy the whole MSP rear subframe AND sway bars and bushings from Mazdastuff.com I beleive they are about 365 for the whole kit new shipped.If you only need some of the stuff ,then you could sell the rest off.

Matt

AWR sells them!
http://www.awrracing.com/pages/store.html

you should just go with the 19mm AWR kit.
but be careful because the tabs on the stock struts may break under harsh driving.

my solution (what i'm doing):
Stock MP5 Subframe ?
20mm Racing Beat rear bar from MP3 or MSP ?
Tokico Ilumina or MSP/MP3 struts ?
Eibach Pro-kit ?
AWR Adjustable end links ?
AWR Sway Bar Brackets
AWR 19mm Urethane bushings (they will squeeze onto the 20mm bar)

It's funny (well not really) I just got a rear sway bar from Roni off of her MP3. when she got into her accident the rear sway bar had popped out of the end link and the same bolt had broken.
weak welds.... or tough ass drivers!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back