Wrecked Front bumper on p5 need help with options

ShakeThis

:
Mazda Protege 5
I hit something this weekend on the way to eastern washington and cracked my front bumper from the bottom to the fog light on the right side. I also shattered the fog light and scraped up one of my wheels. I am fairly new to the forum and i have searched through body kits what i am wondering is would it be more cost effective to buy an aftermarket bumper or just go back to stock. I have not gone in for an appraisal or anything like that and i am going to try and get something out of this.

i priced the front stock bumper at like $325
and the fog light at like $125
the wheel if i had to guess would be like $80

then the cost of painting/installation...

what i am wondering is what is going to be my best bet as far as all this goes
I don't want to turn it in to insurance untill i know for sure what i want to do depending on how much money they give me for it.

what i would love to do even though i don't have the money is claim the bumper/fog light/wheel

then just buying a new body kit and and getting it painted/installed then taking the extra money and looking into some aftermarket fog lights.

also if you guys have any links to body kits that would be great i saw this one and liked it in past posts.
http://www.ngkits.com/product.php?productid=56789&cat=4343&page=1

RedKatanax9 said:
Sorry it happend to you. What u hit? a blue whale?
The best looking body kit IMO: http://www.body-kit.com/maz03pro5rs.html
oooh, man!

I agree that this body kit LOOKS great on the net but I assure you that you could fit a heap of midgets in that front whole, of what I can only describe as total un-justice! (not w00t) ...

But it is pertty to look at from here ! (cool)

Last edited:
<<MP5DuCe>> said:
I agree that this body kit LOOKS great on the net but I assure you that you could fit a heap of midgets in that from whole, of what I can only describe as total un-justice! (not w00t) ...

I hate that body kit! Nothing going on with side skirts and the front and back are just two big empty holes with some mesh in them its not aggressive looking at all just overdone and ricey.

any other suggestions?

i am not trying to be rude i just am not feeling that body kit at all

<<MP5DuCe>> said:
I agree that this body kit LOOKS great on the net but I assure you that you could fit a heap of midgets in that from whole, of what I can only describe as total un-justice! (not w00t) ...

LOL, ya a heap of midgets + 2 hobbits! I just like the clean look w/o extra creases and flares. :)

protege-front.jpg

Thats the Postert kit...Good luck getting it....shipping is more than the parts...imported from Germany I beleive.

Matt

ForceFed said:
Thats the Postert kit...Good luck getting it....shipping is more than the parts...imported from Germany I beleive.

Matt

ya i know but its good to dream. If matty P would only ask me to be a sponsored receiver of this kit........:)

I really want to know how much that accolade kit is...I have never seen that one before tonight...I wonder how their fitment is? I also wonder how hard that PFRP is to prep and modify....i got some ideas....I can do FG but I wonder how this stuff reacts?

Matt

ForceFed said:
I really want to know how much that accolade kit is...I have never seen that one before tonight...I wonder how their fitment is? I also wonder how hard that PFRP is to prep and modify....i got some ideas....I can do FG but I wonder how this stuff reacts?

Matt

I wonder too, I think you have to give them your address and they will contact you with a total + shipping quote. I would think it's gonna be spendy. I love the shaved bumper look.

i got a quote form them on thats kit for everything included Front and Rear bumper..side skirts.....and Fog light inserts....it was $850 shipped to FL...

i love that kit.....thats the kit i wanna get on my car....if not that kit then i want to go full JDM body kit.....

any have any pics of an Actual JDM P5.......front side and back photos would be nice!!

trbomp5 said:

I got a quote on this before.. Its like 1800 to FL and then another $$$$ to get it to the west coast... Then paint ... mold .. install .. its like $500,000,000.01

and I'm short a few of those 0's! (yupnope)

BTW ... why has Super Matty P gone MIA? he is not excepting any PMs ... I was going to ask him for a revised quote on that Postert. (moon)

He's in purgatory. I don't know if that means he's able to accept PM's or not. He's supposed to be released at the end of the month. Until then, send him an instant message via AIM. mazdamattyp5 I believe is his s/n.

As for replacing the parts, try PM'ing forum member Captain KRM P5. He might be able to get them for you cheaper...

Lord_Zath said:
He's in purgatory. I don't know if that means he's able to accept PM's or not. He's supposed to be released at the end of the month. Until then, send him an instant message via AIM. mazdamattyp5 I believe is his s/n.

As for replacing the parts, try PM'ing forum member Captain KRM P5. He might be able to get them for you cheaper...

guys any other opinions or help or is it just open discussion time.

Back