can i put the front calipers on the rear wheels?

Dexter

Banned
Contributor

on a mazdaspeed, provided i also changed the rotors, would this be possible, and then upgrade the front brakes to a wilwood kit?

i am not a ricer.

Dex...I dont think thats gonna work unless the mounting bracket for the fronts is exactly thsame as the rears...as in the bolt on pattern.I will take a peesie tomorrow but I think you are screwed...your gonna have to just hget the replacement calipers...what happened anyway...I saw your WTB thread?

Matt

Not to mention the fronts are front mounted and the rears are rear mounted..I am sure that is what really will throw thing out of whack.

Matt

ForceFed said:
Not to mention the fronts are front mounted and the rears are rear mounted..I am sure that is what really will throw thing out of whack.

Matt
wouldnt make a difference, force is still being applied in the same direction

speed world challenge proteges use stock rears, with Hawk black pads. Its good enough for them....of course they have 13" brembos or stoptechs on front.

im pretty sure the msp calipers are the same as a certain 626 caliper or a mazda6 caliper. which one i dont remember, but i know its not specific to the msp.

Back