My O3' Lx, converted ( not 56K friendly)

joeycooliss

:
Protege LX 2003
My O3' Lx, converted ( 56K Hmm...NO)

here she is, i ll let the pics tell the story, and yea i know i need a drop but its montreal here and there is no way that im lowering my car anytime soon because the roads are soo bad.

before
oldbumper.JPG

after
frontrebar.jpg

msp%20front%20end.JPG

03.5%20front%20end.JPG

twm.jpg

racingbeat.jpg

frontview.JPG

profile4.JPG

profile3.JPG

Last edited:
joeycooliss said:
here she is, i ll let the pics tell the story, and yea i know i need a drop but its montreal here and there is no way that im lowering my car anytime soon because the roads are soo bad.
Looks nice. You could always go with msp spring for now. Also look into removing the side moldings.(cool)

Looks really good.

To improve on what is already a really cool Protege, perhaps a DG Motorsport Grill.

curious. do you have the bumper supports/reinforcement for the M'speed front? Mine has a little sag in it and i believe it's cuz of lack of supports...

do you have the reinforcement JCell? i think that it's needed to line up properly...

i dont have the rebar either, i was thinking of cutting it but i told myself id rather buy one instead... but heres the pic of the sagging headlight...its hardly noticeable unless you're really looking for it.

tks for the comments guys!

Attachments

• saggg.JPG
    saggg.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 190
i'm not big on speed so I prolly wont turbo it, im more about all show and no go, but springs will most likely be on next summer, tks for the comments!

did you do the side skirts yourself or have them put on...cuz i have a set sitting in my garage right now and dont know if i want to do it myself...whats involved in putting them on an lx?

looks real good by the way

Nice conversion man. Another conversion with the 03.5 style, awesome.

CGCG04 said:
did you do the side skirts yourself or have them put on...cuz i have a set sitting in my garage right now and dont know if i want to do it myself...whats involved in putting them on an lx?

looks real good by the way

Well, in my case, there were those mounts for the clips along the whole inside of the sideskirt, where it mounts to your car. I just used the holes on the underside of the sideskirt, lined up the side skirt, marked where the holes met, drilled a small hole, and screwed it in. But i also used double-sided tape where all the clips were for added support. And no problems to this day.

I was thinking of mounting it where the clips were, but it was too hard to figure out exactly where they will be on the car when the side skirt is put on.

And in regards to the bumper support, i chopped about 6 inches off of each end of my stock LX bumper support. Took out the two metal pieces on each end, where the Rebar bolted up to, and i'm only using the two center bolts that hold up the rebar. I got a little sag near the headlights, but i'm gonna do some work, and bolt something underneath the headlight, under the bumper, and see if that works.

Shorebroke said:
And in regards to the bumper support, i chopped about 6 inches off of each end of my stock LX bumper support. Took out the two metal pieces on each end, where the Rebar bolted up to, and i'm only using the two center bolts that hold up the rebar. I got a little sag near the headlights, but i'm gonna do some work, and bolt something underneath the headlight, under the bumper, and see if that works.

I was just wondering if you had a pic of what youre talking about cuz i was about to do that but i wasnt shure where to cut.

as for the sideskirts, i just lined up the holes of the sideskirts and put a marker on them and lined them up to the car to give me an idea where to drill and i took my chances, luckily it turned out good and i dont have any problems to this day.

Back