MSP owner, install of a boost gauge?

Stou

Is there any of the new MSP owner who have or will install a boost gauge?

Can be interesting to see what is the real psi on that car! :D

Stou..
do you know if there is any pre-made housing under the head deck unit console, that can fit 2/3 gauges? I don't want to go custom because it would cost alot.
What guage brand is good to go with? Autometer is too popular.
what else is there? Apex'i?

Limited, you can buy this steering column gauge housing made for the Proteg:

gauge_pod3.jpg

Or you can do like I did under the head deck unit console with a simple piece of plastic:

gauges.jpg

Under the deck, you can fit 2 or 3 gauges (2" 1/16).

I think somebody is working on a pilar pod but I'm not sure about that.

About the gauge, I have Autometer because I had a very good deal on it. So I didn't shop a lot for it.

Last edited:
Stou..
i really like the guage set-up underneath the headdeck unit. I could use that space, because i don't put my CDs in that slot. Is the plasic that holds the two guage a thin piece of plastic? or is it a box like housing? that is securely tighten in the slot?

do they make smaller guage than 2 1/16"? I really want to have 3 guage under the head unit. Just guessing it, with 3 guages at 2 1/16" seems to be too 'busy' looking for me. My guages would mainly be for 'show' rather than putting to use for my driving.

The head unit in the MSP is different of the one of the MP3, so I don't know if it's the same kind of installation setup. The head unit in the MP3 is secure with a small metal bracket under it. I used this piece to hold the plastic for the gauges.

Here's another piece that I did for 3 2"1/16 gauges. On the top of each side, you can see a small tab with a hole in it. This is where the screws of the bracket are holding the piece.

gauge_pattern3.jpg

This gauge housing is rough and is not ready to install. It is made of 1/8" semi rigid plastic. I must make some adjustement and cover it with fiber carbon look vinyl. I did it because I will probably install a fuel gauge or an oil presure gauge soon.

I don't know if there are smaller gauges than those 2" 1/16 but I found them just a good size.

ther is also a unit a HUD ( heads up display) I was gona get for my teg.. made my a companie.. call defi.. I thinks it's a boost gauge/turbo timer.. it reflects off you windsheld.. I'll try to find it.

Last edited:
The Defi HUD setup looks really lame in person. Further more, it is mainly visible at night. Go for a custom pillar pod on install them above the center vents kinda like where the WRX has it factory clock.

Back