Got Hit today...

pro5foote

Well I was on my way to the mall, which is somewhere I didn't want to be on the sunday before christmas anyway. And as I was sitting on an off ramp waiting for the light to turn green this bimbo in a Toyota Echo (whatever the hell this is) hits me in the ass. My heart sank. Its only 5 months old, i told myself, this cant be happening. I put on the hazards and went to check the damage. When the girl runs up to me and says, don't worry there's no damage. Im thinking "yeah right, You wish". So I walk around the back of the car and there was NOTHING!! no dents, no scratches, NOTHING!! I was so relieved I almost cried.

And then I got to the mall and saw all the people and I did cry. SHOPPING SUCKS!!

Thats my story for today.

the same thing happened to me, but the other guy had a brand new S500. I was about to beat crap out of him, but unfortunately there was no damage to my car :-(

Are you sure?

So I walk around the back of the car and there was NOTHING!! no dents, no scratches, NOTHING!! [/B]

My 323 got tagged at a stop light by a Lincoln Continental, but not enough to move me any as I had my foot on the brake pedal and the car was in neutral. At first glance, there was no damage, but then I noticed that guy's front license plate bolts had imprinted in the rubber bumper cover. Upon closer investigation, all of the lower cover rivits had sheered off and the foam bumper filler had been crushed (as it's supposed to do) all the way to the steel beam. Other than the bolt head marks, the rubber cover "looked" normal. It had simply rebounded to it's normal shape leaving a big gap between it and the foam. The replacement foam filler, rubber bumper cover, and the rivits were $150; which the other driver gladly paid for to avoid an insurance claim.

The important piece here is the foam filler. that's what absorbs the inital impact. If it's not there, to do it's job, the next kick in the ass may well do more expensive damage. Jim

pro5foote said:
I put on the hazards and went to check the damage. When the girl runs up to me and says, don't worry there's no damage. Im thinking "yeah right, You wish".

YOU HAD TIME TO PUT YOUR HAZARDS ON?? OH MY GOD!!! I hear or feel a bang..I am out in a second ready to kick some ass...

I am glad nothing happened to your car though...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I got off work early on Friday, got home and the wife called me and said that a stupid bimbo hit her in the back of our MPV minivan. It is friggin' freezing so I calmed her down and told her what to do. I'm thinking that when she comes home there will a ton of damage. Actually, two tiny little paint chips and an 8" line that may be able to be buffed out on the bumper. There is no foam between the bumper and the metal, just the metal and that is what the line is from. Hmmm... Considering if I should touch it up and buff or if I should put in an insurance claim. The car feels fine, and drives straight.

- Brian

Take Jim's advice and have the impact absorber underneath the bumper cover checked out. If you used it up on this one then it needs to be replaced if you want the bumper to do the same job next time. Not all cars use foam impact absorbers but on vehicles that meet passenger-car bumper standards there is always something replaceable in there to absorb the impact energy.

Listend to you guys, lol. Talking about "getting out and kicking ass". I can understand the feeling, trust me....but you'd be in lots more trouble even if you do so much as start a verbal altercation. It's best to stay calm and and sort everything out. It's always best to exchange info even if you dont "see" any damage. Like an earlier thread said, you might see damage later in different light which you overlooked.
Oh and about the licence plate bolt gouges. Happened to my Tiburon......while parked! Damn old people and their Mercury GrandMarquees!

LazerBlueP5 said:
Listend to you guys, lol. Talking about "getting out and kicking ass". I can understand the feeling, trust me....but you'd be in lots more trouble even if you do so much as start a verbal altercation. It's best to stay calm and and sort everything out. It's always best to exchange info even if you dont "see" any damage. Like an earlier thread said, you might see damage later in different light which you overlooked.
Oh and about the licence plate bolt gouges. Happened to my Tiburon......while parked! Damn old people and their Mercury GrandMarquees!

Agreed!! Don't forget, everyone is human and people make mistakes. Getting out and "kicking ass" doesn't solve a damn thing, and will likely get you into trouble.

My pal's Audi got hit from behind and he got pissed enough that he put his fist through the guys window. My pal got charged with assault for his troubles.

Well I washed the car to double check for marks, and attempted to look under the bumber for any foam damage but could not see any, however I don't know what it looked like before so Im not sure that I would have noticed if something was wrong.

On a good note, I got my sport exhaust today, this thing looks bad ass! I can't wait to put it on.

I WANT A BENZ, A JAG, or a BMW...

I WANT A BENZ, A JAG, or a BMW to tap my back bumper just enough for me to get 2g's outta them... that way i could get my full custom bodykit and paint job...

i know it might sound crazy but MOST people i know WISH for sh** like that to happen so they could get the bodykits...

the closest i was to something like that was at the mall. When i park my car I usually park Backwards... But the First F**kin time i dont... i get hit on my back bumper on the driverside... no dent just some paint came off...

I didnt see who did it b/c i was IN THE MALL!!!!... I HATE MALLS

Re: I WANT A BENZ, A JAG, or a BMW...

JrTekSilverP5 said:
I didnt see who did it b/c i was IN THE MALL!!!!... I HATE MALLS

I'm with you on that one. I've got a whole buffett of scratches and dings thanks to piss poor parking jobs. Not to mention, the 5 year old kids that slam their parent's SUV door into your car because they don't know any better.

Back