Splash Shield At Oil Filter

sajack

:
`05 SP23 & `04 MX-5 Mazdaspeed
Has anyone cut out the hole in the splash pan below the oil filter on the 2.3?
You wouldn`t have to cut much and it would not be necessary to remove the shield to get to the filter.

The shield is only on the 6i. it's only purpose is cause the plastic cartridge filtration system being located in a extremely voulnarable spot. Rocks and other debree can strike the plastic housing and may damage the cartridge system leading to an early engine falure.

I only take my car to the dealership for this kind of material because if you do something wrong, by by warranty.

(cricket)

Shield

Da 6 said:
The shield is only on the 6i. it's only purpose is cause the plastic cartridge filtration system being located in a extremely voulnarable spot. Rocks and other debree can strike the plastic housing and may damage the cartridge system leading to an early engine falure.

Mazda3 has a large shield below the engine. We are talking about the same thing aren`t we?

yes. that is not on the 6s (V6) due to the fact the filter isn't a reusable plastic housing nor is itplaced in a spot of such vulnerability. I can't confirm the 3i but if there is one on it then same reason applies. The housing is in the front of the car so that means rocks and other debris can damage it if ran over. remember this cartiridge housing is "Suppose" to outlast the car.

Back