Need a new job, Automotive Field

Hey, I keep missing out on all these events because I have to keep working on the weekends. So heres the deal if anyone can help land me a job in the automotive field preferably an apprenticeship at a dealership or something similar I'll buy you some beer,food, and perhaps a free handjob from any mazdaforums.com member of your choice...

Ok maybe the last one won't work out too well but I'll do something nice.
I've applied at a few places but I need/want more if anyone knows of an opening at a place let me know.

Thanks

well from what i have learned and seen since i have just recently started in this field of work their are rly only a couple of options to make it into a tech position especially at a dealership.

1. work for a local mechanic doing small jobs or being a helper (this is how my brother is starting out right now)

2. Start as a quick lube tech in a dealership and work your way up

3. Be a really good backyard mechanic and know alot of stuff about cars (very rare)

4. Go to a automotive school and get hired out of school (how i ended up in atlanta)

Unfortunatly dealers dont want to hire apprentices because they cannot make them money and tend to slow down the faster techs. Personnally if you are extremely serious about a tech job go to school it will teach you alot and put you in a better starting postion than just working your way up the ladder.

I am currently enrolled in school so thats a plus.
I have a few leads that I just need to call back on monday morning or wed.

hopefully something will work out because my current job is starting to kill me

Back