rear speakers not working

noon

:
2002 mazda protege 5
the rear speakers in my p5 stopd woring one day so i took the door panels off to check them and everything was still connectd but, no sound. i figured out out if i unhookd the speaker wires from the terminals and hookd them up directly to the cone they would work. no clue why. do i have a short somewhere? any help troubleshooting this would be a great help before i buy some new speakers

I assume these are factory rear speakers?
Did both stop working?
Are you using factory speaker wire or did you run your own?

It sounds like the solder connection for one of the speaker terminals is bad. If this is the case, then a multimeter will let you know and often just heating up the solder and letting it set in again is all it takes to fix it.

i got some kenwoods that i got from circut city last year. and im using factory wires first the left rear stopd working then a few days later the right rear stopd working. i was messing with them this moring and they stop working when i put the back in the door pannel i guess when the speakers touch the metal they stop working

So if you hold the speakers in your hand they work?

It sounds like there is a loose strand form either the positive or negative wire that is touching the basket of the speaker. If its just one, it will typicly still play until the basket grounds out, thus grounding out the amplifers speaker channels.

Back