Selection Help

Ok guys, I am going to be needing a bunch of things. So i want your help I kind of have things in mind but idk yet.

Ok so this is the thing.My suspension and brakes are shot. I did it to myself though. I need new rotors new pads, and all that jazz. My dumbass, has skunk2 coilovers on bad struts. They are shot. The skunk2's arnt bad, the struts are. But I want to move to something that has more adjustability. So i had in mind, D2's, or Ksports. I really dont want to spend a crazy amount but i figured struts will run me from 350-575, So it makes sense to buy something a little more, and you get more.

These are the other suspension stuff I have. Not installed though. AWR rear sway bar, endlink, trailing arms, AutoEXE Lower arm bar. GTSPEC trunk bar(dont remember the right name. And my new wheels and tires.

Now for brakes I have no clue, I want to get something a lot better then what I have, but I think the max i want to pay for brakes is like 550. No rotora big brake kit for me.

Just need some help from the Suspension Gurus. My new wheel setup will be a 17x7, +42 with BFG KDW2. I figure I will just buy slotted rotors, and new pads, I would love new front calipers, but IDK, and ss brake lines.

Thanks guys

Yeah I will probably just buy rotors from them, how much are you looking for your JIC, I only was wanting to pay like 650-700 for the ksports, or d2. You probably want like a grand or so, and I just dropped a crap load on the mr.

right now i would say the cheapest i would go would be $900 -- and reason being is they were on the car less than 24hrs and only 60 miles --- so Im not ready to take toooo much of a loss -- if you know what i mean ---

who knows i may still use them some day -- I have a hard time making up my mind sometimes -- hehe (dunno)

i've heard ebc brake pads (green) are good. im still not sure how sold i am on the hawks. i still need to do my brake lines & hopefully that will make the differance im looking for

a good combo for brakes are powerslot rotors and ebc greenstuff pads.

pm turfburn to get a good deal on greenstuffs...

if you want different calipers... look into upgrading to msp brakes. little bigger calipers, but still stock looking (and you will need msp rotors to fit right)

my 2 cents

Thanks for the input, I dont really care about looks, I care about the stopping power, so the MSP brake upgrade might a possibility. But I know a couple guys in Australia have upgraded to RX-7 calipers and bigger rotors, but I have no idea what all that entales

hmm so many things to say. get the jic for jdm-ness haha

brakes... im content with stock. i dont want to pay more for pads that are great, but the life of the pad sucks.

rotors, im happy with stock again. cross drilled or slotted or a combo of both just dont cut it for me because it makes too much noise (squeeking) after a while. thats just my opinion though.

upgrading to msp brakes might be smart and cheaper. they are larger and u know theyll work just fine, just a matter of finding all the parts (calipers, brake lines, pads, etc).

this is based on what i know (which isnt much haha) hope it helps.

btw, if u have +42 rims, do u rub? or did u roll your fenders?

peace

Latest posts

Back