Paint Peeling

Padre

:
MP5T
I couldn't believe it! I wash the car and the paint actually starts to peel off of the body just before the right rear tire. It's about the size of a dime right now. Its bare metal, not even any primer on the body.

My car is not even 2 years old yet and has been babied more than even my kids are.

Do you think it would be warranty??

This car has never even been over gravel in its life.

Last edited:
I would contact MazdaUSA and complain about it. They might help you out.

From the location of that spot, that spot may have been caused by moisture/dirt trapped behind the top of the side skirt. I don't think it should have done that much damage in that little amount of time though.

Yeah, you'll have to work through Mazda. I had a friend once with a Mustang that started to have paint peel in palm-sized chunks and after a struggle with Ford she got a new paint job out of it.

But your spot is awfully small. Push your fingernail around the edges of the present damage and see if more flakes off. It's in a spot where normal road debris damage can happen. If it was me (because I baby my kids more than my car) I would just fix it myself unless I had reason to believe a lot more was going to flake off.

Last edited:
Back