Audio Crackle = :(

translucent

:
Mazda3 5-door
I have had my Mazda3 5-door for a little over a week, I absolutely love it. I did, however, notice one thing that is rather annoying. If i'm listining to a cd, i get a static/crackle sound every once in a while. It sucks to be showing off your car and have the radio all cut-out and stuff.

help me impress the ladies with static free audio. thank you.

Look at the CD and make sure there isn't any scratches. Maybe if you had a Benz, like I did, the Ladies will look at you. But with a Mazda, don't count on anything man.(spin)

Yeah... but if he had a Benz, it would be in the shop all the time and the ladies would only see it if they drove by the stealership. :)

Try a few different CDs. If it happens with everything you try, worse comes to worse, you take it back to the dealer and have it replaced under warranty. I haven't had any such problems but that doesn't mean you don't. Try to make a note of the exact conditions when you notice the problem (volume level, type of CD, engine running or not, fade/balance settings, outside temp, etc)

Thanks. I'll see what I can do. If anyone else has the static/crackle prob. let me know that i'm not the only one -- And if you got it fixed -- what the remidy was.

(btw: been lurking for a while. this is a great forum)

A question...when you hear this static, do you by any chance have your cellphone near the headunit or recieving text/phone messages? Because i know for a fact some(including my own cell) cause static when recieving a signal, or searching for one. Also, everyone once in a while it will just do it as it remains in contact with the recieving bulls***....basically all I know for sure is that some cellphones cause interference with the speakers. Not just radio reception, but just in general. Does it to my car stereo, my computer speakers, my TV etc. So yeah, that might be the problem...to test this theory. Place your cellphone under your computer screen, near the speakers to if possible. Call cellphone, watch the screen, and listen to the speakers. What you see(if your phone does it) is static waves.

i had this...

i had this happen to me but i had just finished hooking up my amp to the stock deck. the problem i had was that i connected the fronts and rears, to the loc. the loc should only have either the front or the rear connected to it. not both. if you didnt do anything to your deck i suggest you take your deck out and make sure the white plug with all the wires connected to it is pushed into the deck. if youve never done this before dont worry, its not as hard as you might think it is. but other than that, i wouldnt know what the problem is.

Mine does that too, its only with a few of my burnt CDs. All my cds that arent burnt sound fine.

word.

right on. Yeah, all the cd's i was testing it with were burnt. I guess this is the problem. Thanks all.

Yeh, it's B/C the CD's were bured. I had this same problem until I spent a bit more money for some high quality cd-r's. It's worth paying the extra cash in order to get rid of the skipping. The Mazda deck is not happy w/ poor quality cd-r's.

3-LOV3R said:
Yeh, it's B/C the CD's were bured. I had this same problem until I spent a bit more money for some high quality cd-r's. It's worth paying the extra cash in order to get rid of the skipping. The Mazda deck is not happy w/ poor quality cd-r's.

Cool, I just got mine on Friday and have noticed a slight skipping here and there on songs. I thought maybe it was just the disk itself and am glad to hear that is probably the issue. Of course I may have to search to find an actual CD that isn't burned to see if the problem goes away!

Back