insurance help

Nutari

Contributor
:
2010 Mazdaspeed3
anyone know if I can get my entire car re-painted cause some idiot in a parking lot SLAMED his/her door into mine.. creating a large gouge.. not just a tiny scratch... gouge..

I have AIGH full coverage..

$500 deductable..

u got a pix of that? i think they'll only fix that particular area. our damage was 2 the front and rear bumper. both sides ripped off the screw holes so they were simply melted, reshaped, screw holes re-drilled, then repainted. the corner of the hood was flattened out and repainted only in the area where the paint came off then the entire hood recieved a clear coat of paint. passenger front signal lights were replaced. trunk was never re-aligned (trunk leaks and a lot of times does not close properly or sometimes will not open) & still waiting 4 the motor 4 the windshild wipper water pump (2 freaking years already). basically, if it can come off the car; i.e. hood, door, trunk, etc., they'll take it off and fix that and re-paint 2 match. anyway, good luck.

i highly doubt that the insurance company will want to pay for your entire car to be repainted. a good paint job will cost you some bread. (somewhere in the grands, especially if your planning on painting it a different color) a maaco paint job will cost you 500 bucks. but you get what you pay for. and i've seen jobs done by maaco...it sucks. all they pretty much do is tape off parts of the car and give it a go....and the next thing you know you have overspray all over. but BeNegative is right, all they'll do is repair the door and paint to match. goodluck with your insurance company though, you never know what may happen. keep us posted.

Back