Lowering springs

that sux! My lip kit takes a beating and I'm glad it's the lip kit and not the actual sports bumper. Pop up bariors are supose to be flat as in burried in the ground. We have the cheap looking ones but they are flush with the road. How low is the rear? is it close to mine? if so save up and invest in shocks.

Da 6 said:
that sux! My lip kit takes a beating and I'm glad it's the lip kit and not the actual sports bumper. Pop up bariors are supose to be flat as in burried in the ground. We have the cheap looking ones but they are flush with the road. How low is the rear? is it close to mine? if so save up and invest in shocks.

Actually the rear is not as low as yours. It is about as low as the front was originally. I entered my car into a carshow today and left with forth place in the 1980 to present class, so I am really happy with it now. That make my day for the next couple of weeks. As soon as I am able to get some pics of it I will put them on here so you can see it.

This is what my car looks like after i droped it.

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    613.9 KB · Views: 181
Da 6, you're a nice guy from what I can tell and seem to be intelligent when it comes to 6's, but I can understand maybe half of what you type!

Triston, you need to get your allignment fixed as fast as you physically can. Those tires are gonna die fast with the camber on those rear wheels.

Are you refering to pop up bariors or my lipkit moving up to 2 inches when it comes in contact wit a harden surface in my last post?

also give viewers a 56K warning for picts like those ;)

anarchistchiken said:
Da 6, you're a nice guy from what I can tell and seem to be intelligent when it comes to 6's, but I can understand maybe half of what you type!

Triston, you need to get your allignment fixed as fast as you physically can. Those tires are gonna die fast with the camber on those rear wheels.

Actually as as far as my allignment, before i lowered my car it pulled to the right and now it holds straight when you let off the wheel, so i honestly think i fixed my alignment, but i will soon find out.

yeah right wheel usualy breaks free on the 6 so you never know. I found myself not lossing the inside tire as quickly as I use to on stock height.

Eibach pro kit front and Eibach pro kit and Koni Yellow(adjustable dampening) rear. The front wheel gap is just enough to get a "normal" flat hand into but the rear (due to subs and work equiptment) the top of the tire sits at the lip of the rear fender. Due to the rear shocks I almost never bottom out. I'll find pictures when I can cause I'm miles away(live in Northern Virginia) from my dome pc and digi cam. My sideskirts and front lip basicly sit on a pepsi can. My next step is D2 fronts cause I can't install the front konis :(

Da 6 said:
Eibach pro kit front and Eibach pro kit and Koni Yellow(adjustable dampening) rear. The front wheel gap is just enough to get a "normal" flat hand into but the rear (due to subs and work equiptment) the top of the tire sits at the lip of the rear fender. Due to the rear shocks I almost never bottom out. I'll find pictures when I can cause I'm miles away(live in Northern Virginia) from my dome pc and digi cam. My sideskirts and front lip basicly sit on a pepsi can. My next step is D2 fronts cause I can't install the front konis :(
How is the ride my friend?...I really enjoy the ride in stock form, any BIG differece other than improved handling???

1killercls said:
How is the ride my friend?...I really enjoy the ride in stock form, any BIG differece other than improved handling???
Slight accel and reaction to curves are extremely noticed. Ride quality is slightly taken away depending on how stiff you go. When I went full stiff I could feel bumps I couldn't normaly see w/o laying flat in the roadway to spot.The stiffer shocks almost cancel out the rearward body roll when you launch so that helps keep more weight on the drive wheels. Not shure if crossbow experienced it but some bumps I may get a lil airborne. My next step is D2 front shocks and swap the eibach for stiffer d2 rears. Once I get back and swap out to the new falkens alone will make a big difrence over the mishelin pilotless.

Da 6 said:
Slight accel and reaction to curves are extremely noticed. Ride quality is slightly taken away depending on how stiff you go. When I went full stiff I could feel bumps I couldn't normaly see w/o laying flat in the roadway to spot.The stiffer shocks almost cancel out the rearward body roll when you launch so that helps keep more weight on the drive wheels. Not shure if crossbow experienced it but some bumps I may get a lil airborne. My next step is D2 front shocks and swap the eibach for stiffer d2 rears. Once I get back and swap out to the new falkens alone will make a big difrence over the mishelin pilotless.
Keep me posted...the wife loves the look of a lowered car..but is concerned about ride degredation. (boobs2)

1killercls said:
Keep me posted...the wife loves the look of a lowered car..but is concerned about ride degredation. (boobs2)

Actually all i did is buy springs and my car still rides the same as it did. Megan Racing makes a 2 inch drop for the car that makes it look really good, and like I said it still rides the same, only corners better. And they are priced better than most i have seen. i paid 75 for my springs.

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    613.9 KB · Views: 162
Be prepared to replace the rear shocks in about 10k miles. They wear extremely rapidly on drops over 1 inch.

crossbow said:
Be prepared to replace the rear shocks in about 10k miles. They wear extremely rapidly on drops over 1 inch.

ya i am actually saving to get the adjustable ones that all you have you do is turn a nob and you can raise and lower the car.

Those don't exist. Now there are threaded coilovers...which involve lots of turning and twisting till you get the ride height you want...those exist.

The nobs on the shocks are for adjusting the rebound rate.

setting.jpg

/\Those are what I want for the fronts..but not as low as he has his.

crossbow said:
Those don't exist. Now there are threaded coilovers...which involve lots of turning and twisting till you get the ride height you want...those exist.

The nobs on the shocks are for adjusting the rebound rate.

setting.jpg

That's the ticket right there. (alright)

Back