Lowering springs

vir91.jpg

vir92.jpg

vir93.jpg

vir94.jpg

autoxspeed1.jpg

autoxspeed3.jpg

autoxspeed5.jpg

You have a nice car man. I am hoping to get a sponsor soon so I can get my car the way I want it. I like the pics of your car though. I need to take some of my car as well, but probably wont till after I lower it.

Rode in it today during AutoX and it's fast and way less body roll from the last ride on stock height.

I need da 6's rear shocks. Stupid rear d2 shocks SUCK ASS. I'm ordering those koni rears today allan :).

autoxfun.jpg

Shot from yesterday taken by Sal (SC3) with allan (Da 6) having a blast in the passenger seat :).

Last edited:
remember +++ is what I am at. You can experiment with ++++ if you wish ;) I'm still pissed nobody will do my fronts!

triston2469
I missed your post on the 1st page...to reply to strut tower bars and their functionability on the 6....

torsion.jpg

In the above picture the car comes with two braces in the front(blue). These braces do more than any thin strut tower bar can and will ever do. The strut tower bar for the front is nothing but decoration. As for the rears, look at the picture and you can see a massive rear brace(red) that is clearly visable if you pop the trunk and look under the deck. this is why you don't need and can't instal a traditional rear strut tower bar. All the bolts for the suspention are hidden under the car making instalation and adjustments to the rear shocks more difficult and extreme compared to a civic or neon. Last but not least strut tower bars do nothing for our cars cause we don't use "Struts" on our cars. Think of it this way, strut towerbars for chassis stiffining is like a thing of the 1990's compared to mazdas braces in our car now ;)

Last edited:
just a rear sway bar will correct most understeer issues...real quick :)

thanks, but i am going to lower it and put front and rear sway bars on it and i know for a fact i am going to put a front strut tower brace, but i dont know about the rear ones.

Just a reminder. Strut braces have no effect on this car.
1) This car doesn't have struts. Its a double wishbone setup.
2) The shock towers are braced against the firewall.
3) The car has reinforced horizontal bracing between the towers already.

They are however quite cheap, and look nice in the engine bay.

Da6 already explained this with an awesome diagram.

torsion.jpg

Easy way to clear it up is if you don't have a hatch, walk outside to the trunk and find the bolts for the shocks ;) after a few minutes (Hopefully not hrs!) you will realize this cars suspention is set up "Funnier" than others. Link I'm gonna give you is how-to for replacing shocks/installing coilovers. When you get to the rear set, just imagine what your knucles will look like after trying to remove those bolts covered in lock tite from factory however long ago it was built.
http://www.mazda6tech.com/articles/how-to/how-to-install-shocks-springs-coilovers-2.html

thanks i posted my last message with out fully reading da6's reply. now on the bright side it wont be as hard to get my springs on as i thought. looking at the diagram it doesnt look as hard to do as i was thinking it would be. thanks.

Well got my springs on today, and the car looks great and it also takes turns better. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, it only took me 3 hours from start to finish. I think that is pretty good for someone who knew absolutely nothing about changing springs. I will try to have pics of it on here soon. I am very much impressed with it. The only thing is I am kinda disappointed on the fact that it isnt lower. I was expecting it to be alot lower, but I am happy that it isn't lower for the fact of bumps and all that.

Da 6 said:
Give it time. Springs need to settle :)
I totally agree. When I first installed my springs on my Acura I was like.."Hay...WTF? It barely went down!" now..its slammed..LOL (2 years later) (rofl)

yeah I put the Koni rears on at super stiff(++++) and they also in turn dropped the rear. Once I get back I'll try the D2's out. triston what springs did you go with?

Da 6 said:
yeah I put the Koni rears on at super stiff(++++) and they also in turn dropped the rear. Once I get back I'll try the D2's out. triston what springs did you go with?

I got Megan Racing, and actually they have settled i think now, cause it is lower than it was when i got done with it. It is actually right where i thought it would be now. It looks sexy now. I cant wait to start working on my engine. I would put a body kit on it as well, but I wont be able to get on post if I leave. They have pop up barriers that sit about 3 or 4 inches off the ground.

Back