weird steering

MAZSPEEDBOY

:
MSP Black Mica
Today my car started to dart hard to the right under any acceleration. I thought maybe it was just out of alignment at first but it tracks fine when not accelerating. Also i can turn the wheel left and give it gas and it stilll wants to go hard right. Please dont try to tell me its just tourqe steer because this is way more than ive ever experienced with my car or any fwd turbo car. So has anyone had this happen? is this a sign of a failing LSD? Please help (dunno)

Sure sounds like torque steer to me. Especially if it's pulling to the right. That's what mine does. Plus the fact that it tracks when not under acceleration. Does it do it in all gears?

If its torque steer then why has it suddenly gotten really bad. Its like ive added 75-100 extra horses then. Yes it does it in all gears even if im in 5th and barely give it gas it will try to go to the ditch. Im still confused (dunno)

i noticed mine pulling quite a bit... thought the alignment was off til i realized the front left tire only had 12lbs of air in it.. filled it back up and took care of that.

could be a lot of things, just start checking s***...

tire pressure, tire wear, alignment (it should be obvious if its way out of wack)... and my old project car went for 2 years without EVER having a case of torque steer, then one day i decide to freak out my brothers friend by flying down an abandoned industrial park and the damn thing nearly drifted me sideways it jerked the wheel so hard, could just be a freak case that will go away in a little while, mine did it a few more times after that at the track, then never did it again after that, who knows why (not me at least :p)...

gfunkryan said:
i noticed mine pulling quite a bit... thought the alignment was off til i realized the front left tire only had 12lbs of air in it.. filled it back up and took care of that.

(stupid)

I just rotated and balanced my tires. I also checked all tire pressure and adjusted them but still the same prob. I guess ill try to align it today

Hold on there, Tex. If it tracks true under no acceleration, then it's not your alignment. Don't waste money on that. Look elsewhere...like the dealer for starters.

Oooh, I hadn't thought about that. I've heard of these stock mounts failing with low miles. Definitely worth a look.

well i checked the motor mounts they seem to be okay from what i can tell but there probably worn out. I also found oil leaking from my new turbo. Next my motor will probably blow for no reason (pissed)

MAZSPEEDBOY said:
well i checked the motor mounts they seem to be okay from what i can tell but there probably worn out. I also found oil leaking from my new turbo. Next my motor will probably blow for no reason (pissed)
It could just be the oil feed line needs to be tightened..check that first. I have heard of someone else with this problem I remember from a while ago, in which only one of his wheels was steering properll when he turned the wheel. I don't think it's an LSD thing...because any issues with the LSD and the car just seems to not move. I say its dealer time for the turbo AND the turning issue!

check your tire presure, i racked my brain for hours about this and realized i had a low tire, put air in it and everything was fine (headbang)

Just dropped the car off at the dealer hopefully they wiil find the prob and i can run my car at the track tuesday with my auto class

If you just rotated the tires you can try rotating them back (or side-to-side and the heck with the"directional" tires that really aren't that "directional") and see what happens. May be a "tire pull" - I have one of those and by the time you get a B-stone dealer to do anything about it you may as well get new tires.

Am I ranting? Sorry but yp. I don't like my car pulling, and I know it's the tires (rotate side to side and the pull changes direction, pressures are within 1/2 psig and tire wear is even.)

Good luck - let us know how it works out.

MAZSPEEDBOY said:

where is the leak? on the top side.. under fabric heat sheild?

Well got the car back. Oil leak is fixed but the pull is still there.They told me it was an alignment issue and they would take care of it So i let them do an alignment. When it was time to pick it up i was at work so my parents picked my car up and this is what the service writer told my parents " these cars where designed to pull to the right when accelerating so when u lose control you end up in the woods instead of oncoming traffic" The said thing is my parents believed them.
Today my auto class rented piedmont dragway and when i ran a few times the car fixed itself. I ran 9.9s and low 10s at around 72-74 mph (1/8 mile) Not to bad for stock i guess

You know i got the same problem. When under exceleration my car pulls to the left. I just got new rims put on from rishie, but i dont think that would be the problem. would it. Mazspeedboy, did you ever get the problem solved?

Back