where can I get rotors and pads?

krstofer

:
Winning Blue Mazda 3 hatch
Hey Guys,
I have been looking for about a week have not found anyplace (outside ebay) where I can get rotors and pads. I was on buybrakes.com and I only saw from brakes. I checked autopartsworld.com and saw some EBC pads (both green and red stuff) but I don't see the 3 listed on the company website. I saw the TCE big brake kit... way to expensive right now.

Can someone offer some ideas? I am at the point where I need brakes and I would rather upgrade than go with the OEM crap. I would at least like to upgrade the pads.

Thanks in advance!
Krs

I've heard good things about the seller Irotors on ebay. I actually contacted several sellers on ebay awhile back, and he was the only one that admitted that he couldn't get rear pads(everyone else said they'd send axxis rear pads-which weren't even available). If your looking for an economical upgrade just get his rotors and front brake pads, and I'm sure he could get you some rear pads now. If you really don't want to deal with ebay, shane racing has a brake kit , but it doesn't look to be any better than the ebay brake packages, just more expensive.

Last edited:
here is a site that sells all varieties of ebc pads. i don't need new pads yet but i plan on buying from that site when i do.

I think I will get hte pads from perfect brakes...
I will look more into the rotors form irotors.

Thanks for the info. When I do my brakes I am painting the calipers too! I can't wait!

mobomelter said:
all that "kit" consists of is nicer rotors, lines, and pads. not even close to 849 dollars of stuff.

No doubt. For that money, you should get some calipers too.

goldwing2000 said:
No doubt. For that money, you should get some calipers too.
I totally agree! I think I paid 180 bux for my drilled and slotted rotors on my accord. Steel lines were 100.

I ended up getting tpm rotors and hawk brakes for the front. Well I ordered them, I should have them on Wednesday.

I'm looking for the brake caliper tool. I haven't found it on the forums yet, but I know I saw it somewhere. I'll keep looking, but if someone reads this before I find it, can you post a link?

I will post pics when I am done with the install..

BTW, is there not a good how-to for brake install on the site? I thought for sure, there would be one in the how-to section. I will take lots of pics to make one.

The rotors never came in so I cancelled the order on Friday. But I did order the pads, cause I really need to change them...

I guess it gives me more time to find something else.

Back