Brake Upgrade for the P5.

65racecoupe

:
Turbo (soon) Yellow 2002 P5
What is the best brake upgrade for these cars?

Are these insanely expensive kits really better than say doing a project with just...
nice replacement slotted rotors
Endless brake pads
Caliper Painting?

What do you guys think? What do you guys have? I can't afford 1800 bucks for FRONT brakes. That would be a little high for a 4 wheel kit in all honesty.

I am going for a nice quick all around touring street car. I will be posting lot of pics as soon as we get rolling.

I have been shopping around on the net, and....

$300 4 Power Slot Rotors
$360 Endless Super Street Rotors (120 for the Endless Vita Nuova pads)

I think this would look nice with the calipers painted Black. I assume that should stop the car much better than stock.

I've been trying to decide about brakes myself lately. If I remember correctly you are going to be boosting your car? I've been considering the RR-racing.com big brake kit. It uses the stock caliper but has a 12" rotor. I think the price is around $650 or so for the front rotors with pads which I think is a good deal. Pair that with some nice rear rotors and you are still looking at well under $1000 for some good braking ability.

Hmm, I might have to go that route. I will get the same type of pads for the rears and use the stop tech slotted rotors in the rear.

I had a Jackson charged Integra a long while ago and I got an AEM kit like that. It made a HUGE difference.

Here are the prices that I got for 3 different ways to do a 4 wheel brake upgrade.

1. - Power Slot Rotors Front and Rear with Endless Pads $660

2. - RR-racing 12 inch Front upgrade (SLOTED OR CROSS DRILLED) with Power Slot Rear Rotors and Endless pads all around. About $1120 total.

3. - RR-racing 13 inch Big Brake Kit (SLOTTED OR CROSS DRILLED) with STEEL brake lines with Power Slot Rear Rotors and Endless pads (rear - $1750

RR-racing.com kits - (12 and 13 inch kits)
http://rr-racing.com/bigbrakes.htm%Front Big Brake Kit Features:

Power Slot Rotors - Do a Yahoo search. I lost the page. I have found pairs for $145 - $185.

Endless Pads www.autornd.com (where I am probably getting my wheels) under MAZDA, Under Protege 5, Under Brakes....

I might just do option #3. I love the race look. Stopping power is really fun to have.

Rafi's kits are really great and he put some real time in to developing them. I new him when is was doing his first kits for the MX-6/Probe twins.

Maxx - I meant to reply to this thread, not your old one. Oops.

Anyway, that is the 12 inch Kit, correct?

Latest posts

Back