turbo kit advice please.

Dragon_Reborn

:
'02 Protege ES Sedan
okay I'm really interested in this turbo kit guys, but what upgrades/ options would you go with? Or do you think i should stick with the stage one kit and forget about intercooler, BOV, etc... what about extra injector's? fuel mangement, etc... i mean at 4.5psi of boost is the ECU going to supply the right amount of fuel? Kinda new to this, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
:confused: :confused:

Turbo Kits
SPOOL Stage 1
Part Number: TK_04
List Price: $2595.00 usd
Description: This is the first evolution of a true bolt on (4-5 psi) kit. It utilizes our state of the art SPOOL shorty tubular manifold
Some other key features that our kit incorporates
Race fabricated manifold
High speed balanced Garrett turbo
Stainless steel braided oil lines with anodized fittings
Turbonetics external wastegate
Installation guide and support
Pre gapped turbo spark plugs
Healthy 2.5 inch race downpipe
The beauty of this kit is its ease of install and efficiency. Expect a 4-6 hour install by a professional mechanic. Dyno testing on this kit produced a 160 whp at a mere 4.5 psi of boost!
Application for Mazda MP3 and Protg 5

http://www.spool-turbo.com

http://www.spool-turbo.com/images/GOOD_products/stage 1 turbo kit.JPG

you run into any complications installing the kit? about how long did it take you to complete the turbo set up? Any dyno results? Any installation pics? sorry for "20 questions," and all.

I did not run across any problems at all when installing the kit everything was explained to me very clearly but if I had any problems I would just call Terry and he would help me out and answer all of my questions. Thats the best part! It took me about a 5 days working on it about 5 hours daily usually at night because I would work during the day. I would advice you though that if you dont any mechanic experience then maybe you should have a professional install the kit for you. Here is one of the pics of the car. If you have any other questions email or talk to Terry!

Attachments

• mvc-059f.jpg
    mvc-059f.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 386
Yeah depending on your mechanical ability, access to a lift and other power tools install time will vary. We put one on a car in 3 hours minus the oil lines.

3 hours to install a turbo is very impressive. If i took it somewhere to get it done how much would it cost, i would asume they would charge me a $hit load of money.

holy $hit.. well anyway i'm still interested in the turbo kit, i should be able to have the money in 2 months or less. :)

Actually new york has plenty of good places to install kits.
Usually shops work by the hour and charge anywhere from 50-80 dollars an hour. A shop should charge you 6-8 hours install

well somewhere around $1000 or more
Thats a little steep for a stage 1 or 2 install

I can also help you locate a reputable shop in the manhattan area that primarly deals with installing turbo's.

Last edited:
oh and by the way folks, i'm not in manhattan NY, love to go back to the east coast and all but i'm in the midwest in a different state in a town called manhttan.

Back