Rear door Panel Question for speakers!!

Agent_420

Hey guys it Mr 420, the guy with no short term memory. Here is my next question; How do i remove the rear door panels so i can change my speakers well at least put some in since my 3 didn't come equiped with rear speakers. Apparently the dealer said that the wires are already there, but I dont know if they are live. Anyone who can help or pint me in the direction of a How To article would be great.

NO REAR SPEAKERS... WTF...wouldn't have thunk it... i would suggest buying some nice front speakers and an amp and leave the rearspeakers alone... or lack of them... check the car/audio section out for some more info... not the 3 car audio the car audio under the tech headings... though if you want to take your door panels off first thing i would do is go to the dealer and order about 10 of the little push buttons that hold the thing on b/c you will break some no matter how carefull you are (don't know about the rear but the fronts have 9 each and they are 2$ from the dealer)... also there are two screws (at least on the front) holding the panel on, one on the handle bowl, and the other in the armrest thingy... they are hidden under little flaps that don't come off they just flip up... a jewler screwdriver (just a small screw driver) works well to pop them up... once that is done just start at a corner and pull away carefully. you will then have to disconnect a wire harness for the windows and such then you are set....

if they are the same as the fronts... which i am 99% sure they are just haven't checked yet, i will sell you the two from my fronts cheap.... pm me if you are interested...

QUOTE: "if you want to take your door panels off first thing i would do is go to the dealer and order about 10 of the little push buttons that hold the thing on b/c you will break some no matter how carefull you are (don't know about the rear but the fronts have 9 each and they are 2$ from the dealer)..."

Tsunami is right... i broke a few nylon clips removing my first door panel, but i did stock up on replacement before working on the car. Paid $1 each (Cdn).

If you really want to buy speakers for the rear doors, i would rather suggest you invest in a nice set for the front and move the OE speakers to the back. Anything is better than stock speakers. A good set of coaxial is easy to install and makes a huge difference ... the OE speakers have flabby bass and no highs.

Have fun!

Don Lockwood said:
QUOTE: "Tsunami is right... i broke a few nylon clips removing my first door panel, but i did stock up on replacement before working on the car. Paid $1 each (Cdn).
what...only 1$ cdn for the clips, when i paid 2$ us.... that is messed up... i think my stealership just got the boot and will try the other ones around...

Back