Interesting news. Official - World Import Challenge

Razhael

anyway, here i am, 1:47am, bored, i was reading the december SCC magazine, and for the first time i noticed this article... mazda protege 5 the official car for the next World Import Challenge to be done in Houston, TX, march 2002 blah blah blah

anyway, for me it seems like awesome news, could it be that finally mazda its going to have aftermarket for other than the rx7 or the miata????
im gonna try to go there next year, i have never been to a car show

Yeah I noticed too Raz I wish that I could get out there but texas just a little to far.

i wonder what linuxninja, jag, leonardo and any other in peep in TX thinks about it, with the protege 5 being the official car im sure somebody is working their ass right now in some aftermarket for the event! i really want to go if tickets are not expensive as hell. Actually i believe jag has been to some of this shows he may know about pricing

If its a Protege 5 I would think it would use parts that AWR has already made. After all, AWR did the Laguna Seca Protege 5 pace car...Just a thought though.

i would like to go to this. Maybe we can meet up Raz or anyone else interested. I have no idea how much it would cost but I'm sure it cant be that much. Houston is not that long a drive from here so count me in. Just keep us posted on date and time.

I'm gonna go. I'm thinking about entering the stock show competition. It only allows 4 mods. It says if you have aftermarket plug wires, that is one of your mods. So things that are stock on the MP3 such as rims, ground effects, spoiler, Nardi steering wheel,.... I could go on,...is OEM and we could possibly wipe up the competition. It is $40 for the weekend pass and they say $15 to $20 to enter. I'll definately be there. :D

Back