Coolant leak

Murda

:
Protege5
I'm getting a slow coolant leak from somewhere above the front of the oil pan. Any ideas where this may be coming from?

I took a closer look at the location and traced it to the area around the thermostat. I can see and feel coolant on the engine block where it meets where the thermostat mounts (sort of). Picture attached....

Anyone experience and know of a fix? It's real b**** to get in there and I'm very close to just bringing it into a shop to get them to fix it (if I can get there).

attachment.php

Attachments

• shopmanualdiagram.jpg
    shopmanualdiagram.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 465
i belive that there is a gasket there, so replacing that should take care of it.
Murda said:
I took a closer look at the location and traced it to the area around the thermostat. I can see and feel coolant on the engine block where it meets where the thermostat mounts (sort of). Picture attached....

Anyone experience and know of a fix? It's real b**** to get in there and I'm very close to just bringing it into a shop to get them to fix it (if I can get there).

attachment.php

Okay, I checked the shop manual again (was in the mechanical section), there is a gasket between the THERMOSTAT HOUSING and the ENGINE BLOCK. I believe that is the culprit

Will be picking up a new gasket today and attempt to fix the leak tonight.

Back