Boost Problems Symptoms HELP!

poboxjosh

Contributor
:
Franchising Opportunities
1. Cannot run full throttle with out engine hesitation or bucking warm or cold.

2. Cold outside 40 degF sometimes no boost in 1st, 2nd gear.

3. If engine revs to 4500 or so rpm then released slowly sometimes there is a buck.

4. Max boost Spike now 10psi before FMIC 13 psi

5. Without throttle was vac 20 now vac 10

Please Help.

Did you install the front mount yourself? Do yourself a favor and order some hose from hosetechniques.com (universal kit will work), go to the hardware store and buy yourself assorted sizes hose clamps, get rid of all of the rubber hose and cheezy clamps that are on your vacuum lines, and torque all of your intake piping clamps down with a socket (don't use a flathead).

jurgs01 said:
Did you install the front mount yourself? Do yourself a favor and order some hose from hosetechniques.com (universal kit will work), go to the hardware store and buy yourself assorted sizes hose clamps, get rid of all of the rubber hose and cheezy clamps that are on your vacuum lines, and torque all of your intake piping clamps down with a socket (don't use a flathead).

will that solve all the problems?

This is the kit to get right?

http://www.corksport.com/main.php3?primNavIndex=0&mainURL=/store/index.php3?cat=220746

I'm not 100% sure it's your problem without looking at everything, but it's a good place to get started. Those silicon hoses don't crack like rubber hoses do over time (so they would be a good investment if they are the problem or not). If you installed the Front mount yourself, and the problems started after you installed it, check your fittings for your pipes. Adjust and tighten where necessary.

I had the same problem when I first installed the FMIC, it did turn out to be a leak at one of the pipe. So go check all the pipe, make sure there is no leak.

I threw some clamps over what i thought the problem was it seemed to help i think. Still going to buy the silicon hoses. THanks for the help

Back