Front Rotor removal??? help!

caper007

I can't get my front rotor off! Some have a bolt hole that when a bolt is threaded in....pops off the rotor. The new ones I'm putting on have this hole, but the ones on it now don't. I'm at a loss. They won't budge at all. I've tried hammering,heating and even a puller.There must be something holding it on somehow. Help please!

it's probably just rust, u have to use the screws to get them off, otherwise, u'll b there all day pullin and cursing

JCell said:
it's probably just rust, u have to use the screws to get them off, otherwise, u'll b there all day pullin and cursing

there are "no" holes to insert the screws. this thing is driving me up the wall!

I say just keep hammering at it with a rubber mallet (or put some rubber over the rotor and hit it with a sledgehammer) until it breaks the rust. The rust can be pretty stubborn on a 3rd gen that's only 4 years old. I could only imagine it being much worse than that on a 1st or 2nd gen

Got it off! What a headache. I had to take the steering knuckle off completely. Once off, I had a better swing with the hammer. However, this still wouldn't budge it! I then knocked out the bearing which in turn left only the rotor and hub left. Now I could really pound on it. Still wouldn't budge....and I even let it soak in rust remover for a couple of hours. I had to take it to work and get somebody to squeeze it our with an industrial press! Once I get it back together I so look forward to doing the other side.

Back