New remote starter

Hey all... I recently was on the mazda main website, and I found out that there is a new remote starter/alarm system that is now available for the 6. This def. sounds sweet but does anyone know the effect it may have on the engine or any possible side effects?? Anyone have a remote starter too on their 6??

I have a remote start for my Tahoe. It is so convenient for me since I have a 4month old son. I have it with my Viper alarm. I can start the car from a 1/4 mi away(open field). I say my advantage to it, I can get out of the car, start it, run the A/C, lock the car go in the store, come out, unlock the car, and have it nice and cool. However, the 6 is posing a problem to the alarm guys, the transponder needs the chip to start, so i need a code(???) to unlock it so i can bypass it and start the car without the chip. I could cut another key and tape it to it but that would just be ghetto. So, still waiting for that to put in alarm in. Also had it on my P5, with stick shift(That was fun!) Don't get the stock one that they sell at mazda, get an aftermarket one HELLUVA LOT BETTER. Also a plus for guys with turbos, warm up the turbo while you're getting ready so you can get in and get out of your driveway. I love REMOTE START!!!

Back