Warranty Work Part Deux

protegeV

:
Mazda...uh, something
Cliffnotes at the bottom for the impatient ;)

So, today was teh second time I brought my car in for some warranty work. First time was cracked muffler, warped rotors, and vibrating rear deck...all that was fixed.

This time I came in for squeaking rear bushings, fixing the front and rear lips that are falling off and an exhaust leak...I sat in the waiting room awhile, and they told me it would be awhile so one of their guys was gonna give me a ride home. I was happy with that. I called back later and it still wasnt completely done, but the guy told me they didnt hear any exhaust leak. i said, let it sit for awhile, then start it up cold and you'll see. I get a call a few hours later telling me they found the leak and its coming from the manifold. The next thing he asks me is if I want a rental and what kind I want(lol2) Im like hell yes. I was on my way to work in my rents car though, so I said Id get the rental tomorrow. So now Im just hopping I can convince them to give me a 300 or 05maxima....if they have any mustangs(obivously it'd be a v6) I might go for that. Whatever it is, its gonna be nicer than some bad neon or lancer...thats for sure.

**cliffnotes**
Car goes in for warranty work including exhaust leak
Leak found in manifold, will take days to fix.
Getting rental car tomorrow, hope I get a nice one.

Do u mean a mazda dealership?

yea, they usually give u a ride to anywhere, and the rental car will be a P5 or protege

unwound said:
does it make ya wish you kept the p5?
not really...the P5 only had 7K miles on it, when i traded it in. Something could have happened to it at this mileage as well...

Hellnightkid said:

yea, they usually give u a ride to anywhere, and the rental car will be a P5 or protege
yeah, a mazda dealership...and **** that, the rental company they are using doesnt even have proteges. Imma definitely b**** for something good.

Does anyone know if this is a common problem? The service writer couldnt tell me if it was leaking at the head or at the turbo, and I dont know if the mani itself is cracked, but hopefully I'll find out today.

I usually get a Mazda 6 for a rental when I have my car in for service. I doubt you'll get a stang or 300.

Rawyzf said:
I usually get a Mazda 6 for a rental when I have my car in for service. I doubt you'll get a stang or 300.
hehe, me too. but it'd be nice. Only reason I can justify the stang is I want a sprts car, and I know they dont have any 4door ones like the MSP, but I know they have some 05stang V6s out there...(nana)

oh, forgot about this, all 03 later warrenty come with a loaner car service, which mean all MSP owners can get a loaner car for free.But it requires sign up, it toook about 1 month for me to get that stupid protege.(time for drift)

Hellnightkid said:
oh, forgot about this, all 03 later warrenty come with a loaner car service, which mean all MSP owners can get a loaner car for free.But it requires sign up, it toook about 1 month for me to get that stupid protege.(time for drift)

really? my stealership always wants me to pay.

shaun (canada)

hey, a bonneville is better than a focus :p

I didnt sign up for s***. As soon as they knew it was gonna take awhile to fix the car they offered a loaner. Even paid the extra $10/day since Im only 19.

Man, jettas and bannevilles arent bad. They tried to stick me with a 01corolla...I was like first of all that car is s***, and nothing like my msp, second of all its 4 years old. This is some kind of second rate rental company cuz I guess enterprise wouldnt rent ppl under 21 anything. So after bitching a little(like I planned) they conceeded and got me an 03maxima(yeah, they dont have any brand new cars like the big rental companies:rolleyes: )

oh yeah, and an update on the speed...

Turns out it was the manifold gaset that was leaking and of course no one in the area had one so they ordered it from Mazda, and said it should be done by monday afternoon.

Hellnightkid said:

Yeah the mazda dealership i go to has given me tons of rides. But the two times I've had to rent a car they gave a Dodge ram both fricking times. WTF?

Back