Saving 200.00

melicha8

Well I decided to do it myself. I'm gonna install my clutch and flywheel on the 17th of Dec. I figure if some guy with no college education can do it in one day. I can do it in two days or less with the help of my friends. Estimated savings 200-250 dollars. For me that equalls out to two weeks of part time work at my job at the Coffee House. Score!
Anybody have any advice for me? Things I should not do or should not mess with. I checked the service manual and it looks pretty straightforward.

Yes I do have some advice....if you come across something that you are not 100% SURE of....STOP!! and ask questions till you have a good answer for your question....don't take chances.

Questions like why the hell they did it that way? Why did they put that there? And most importantly: What the hell were they thinking?

When taking the axles out of the tranny be careful not to mess up the seals. Where the axle slides into the tranny there is a seal around the hole. If you try to pry the axle out or something you could damage the seal.

Another suggestion, get the AWR mounts beforehand. Since you are pulling the tranny, the rear engine mount will be easy to get to, would save some time and trouble if you went ahead and installed them.

Thanks for he input. I will see if I can get to that back one. Ihave the front one installed already. Now that I have a digital camera I will try to do a write up for the how to section.

Back