Windshield

Has anyone experienced unexplained cracks on their windshield? I went up north (Traverse City, Mi) this past weekend. I drove to the downtown area to shoot some stuff with my camera. I came back an hour later and noticed that the bottom left side of my windshield cracked. There are no chips, just a plain crack. It's grown two inches since I discovered it. I would appreciate anyone out there who can give me a reason to why my windshield cracked. And should I take my car to the dealer to have the crack fixed? Thanks. :confused:

insurance usually covers a free windshield replacement every 2 years or something with no increase in premiums or any of that.

and drove to downtown, left my car, came back found crack in windshield? im gonna guess someone or something hit it. althought i dont know what this 'downtown' is like

barberella76 said:
Has anyone experienced unexplained cracks on their windshield? I went up north (Traverse City, Mi) this past weekend. I drove to the downtown area to shoot some stuff with my camera. I came back an hour later and noticed that the bottom left side of my windshield cracked. There are no chips, just a plain crack. It's grown two inches since I discovered it. I would appreciate anyone out there who can give me a reason to why my windshield cracked. And should I take my car to the dealer to have the crack fixed? Thanks. :confused:

if your car is under warrantee...and this is the first winter you have had your car.....look at the crack very closely...can you see ANY evidence that the windshield was hit by a rock or something like that? if there is just a crack and that is it...coming from the side (edge) of the windshield....TAKE IT TO THE DEALER....and they SHOULD cover it under warrantee....

I have had BRAND NEW windshields do this very thing before....it usually happens when there is some stress in the windshield from the instalation and if/when the air temp does a big change it will stress the windshield and CRACK!.....

Back