Trunk Rattle

FoRNiK8ToR

:
2002 ES
So I've got 150Wrms going to my 10W0. It's nothing crazy, but it thumps pretty OK. Inside the car everything is fine, and I've never heard any rattle. Only recently when I had the volume turned up a ways and actually stepped outside that I heard my trunk rattling quite a bit. Since I don't hear it inside at all, I'm in no rush to go sound deaden the trunk, other than the fact that when I drive around town everone probably thinks i've got the crappiest system ever made

But other than looking like a retard... is there anything that can get damaged back there from the rattle? I wouldn't think so since the rattle can't be any worse than driving down a bumpy road... but i dunno

you should check you license plate and see if it is loose. If you dont have one of those plastic holders for it the plate will rattle when the bass is up on the stereo. If you dont have a license plate holder then grab the bottom of your license plate and bend it out a little bit and that will stop the rattle. if that doesnt solve it then i would say its a spoiler. because if you cant hear the rattle inside then those are the only two things i can think of

yeah a piece of cardboard or foam behind the license plate will take care of it as well if that is what it is... i have just used some sticky back foam and attached it to the plate...(i.e not the car)

haha, ok.. will try those things... but it's nothing that will do any damage right? I mean, if it's the spoiler, it's not just gonna come loose and fall out or anything right?

... that was probably a stupid question... but whatever, i'm paranoid about some things (ie my car)

na the spoiler should b on there pretty good. unless someone has been takin it off or something, but the factory should have had that thing tighten down pretty good. i just fixed the rattle, just put some double sided tape on the back of my license plate and now the rattle is gone. just my whole trunk is shaking now lol might need some dynomatt soon

Arggg Im getting rattles from my trunk, and it was a combo of the licence plate & on the inside of the trunk the 2 clips for the lincence plate Lights rattles like a b****, and since I took out my back seats it driving me NUTS I did the double sided tape on the lincence that worked, but the lights are still going like crazy, I think Im going to eithor tie them up with a sting so they have no play, or use elastics to do the same thing.

Any sugestions???

Back