De-badging...

Silver Bull3t

:
3s 5d MT Sunlight Silver Opt:CGN,WLK,LS1,1AB,1MC
Hey guys, finally removed the side mouldings last week. I'm really happy, looks good and came off cleanly (I used the fishing line technique). I'm removing the "mazda 3" from the rear hatch, just leaving the center mazda icon. So I gave a quick try on the mazda letters but it seems as if they may be bolted on at the first "A" and the "D". I figured they'd just use the same adhesive glue. I didn't force it as I was giving it a quick try after work.

Anybody knows what's up?

PS. My intake arrived today!!! :D

Whats so stupid? Maybe "bolted" on arent the right terms...but they arent on there w/ adhesive, I tried as well...

The fact that mazda forces you to keep the ****** badges on your car. Whats the need for the holes its not like they're gonna fly off or something. Other car companies, like Audi, don't put holes int the body just for the sake of the stinkin badges.

I think Instead of removing, (since you cant take them all off unless you fill the holes)..I'm gonna paint them all black...

thats how it will look. Found this picture on different forums
mazda51.jpg

wait till ya get a dent or a scratch on the trunk...thats alot of money to repaint just for 2 stupid holes from a badge.

I like the look, but i aint gonna do it until i have a better reason to.

The "3" is stuck on with adhesive. Some ppl have put it over on the right side of the hatch/trunk. I thought that was a viable option compared to the holes.

i kinda understand the point of debadging but at the same time it just seems like you bought a mazda, but you don't want anyone to know. ( i do realize some people like the "no-name" type look for their car.)

yeah i got lucky. the dealer just put one of those license plate frames. i told the dealer that if there was a sticker on the car i was going to buy they were going to remove it before i'm done signing papers.

I'm glad the didn't put on my front license plate bracket. It's much smoother w/o it.

Every emblem on the mazda 3 is adhesive only. The only one that does have the holes is the emblem on the from grill. If you go look at them all of them are put on there buy adhesive. To debadge all the emblems all you need is a heat gun and some adhesive remover.

three said:
Every emblem on the mazda 3 is adhesive only. The only one that does have the holes is the emblem on the from grill. If you go look at them all of them are put on there buy adhesive. To debadge all the emblems all you need is a heat gun and some adhesive remover.

maybe on the sedan, but the hatch got holes for mazda, and M logo(front and back). the only one without it is the 3 emblem.

I just got done taking them off, and painting them black. if you want i can take pictures.

ummm.. yeah, I can safely say that the Canadian version of the sedan is defenitly not all held by adhesive. The M logo in the back has holes, and the so does the word 'mazda'. The '3' is the only one in the back thats held on there with tape.

Back