How to remove a couple things...

Scott D.

:
1994 DX
Hey, looks like clubprotege got hacked or something?

Anyways, I need to remove my door panel to do some deadening. I was wondering how to get the window crank off... I don't have one of those tools like the shop has.

Also, how do I remove the rear-facing brakelight on the rear deck? I need to deaden that area as well, and I have no clue how to get that rear deck cover off.

Thanks for your help.

Hey Scott! Yeah Clubpro got hax0red :( My screenname there is txkprotege, so you know me ;)

For the window cranks. You should be able to push the panel back a bit and look behind the crank, there is a little silver pin. I used a flathead screwdriver and a thin paint scraper, there are two ends of it, you should be able to push these apart and the clip will come off of the crank, then it just pulls off.

The deck light, there are two pins securing it, push in on the center of these, then pull them out. That removes the casing, then there are two nuts facing the front of the car to loosen. Then twist the bulb and pull it out, and remove the decklight.

I'll be right back with a picture of the crank pin for you.

Last edited:
Went out and took these real quick :)

Attachments

• IM000416.JPG
    IM000416.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 146
  • IM000418.JPG
    IM000418.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 146
  • IM000419.JPG
    IM000419.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Just go to a parts store, and buy the tool made just for that. Its cheap as dirt, and you will not scratch your door panel.

I didn't scratch mine at all.. had like an eigth an inch of space between the handle and the panel.. Shouldnt hurt it at all if you're using something thin enough..

Back