Coolest thing since sliced bread....

BlkZoomZoom

Contributor
:
Hemi Ram, 71 Plymth Scamp, 71 Plymth Duster 340, 69 Dart 340/4sp
Unfortunately I can't show it to you....

I was looking through the new Jeg's catalog I got and what did I find? A Intake air temperature sensor, with gauge, probe, harness and everything. Guess how much? How 'bout 30bux? It measures up to 250*F and can be used with air or in liquid.

This is gonna sure beat only being able to read my IAT temps through the WDS. Now I can accurately see how bad the stock intercooler is during runs and see how well my "project" is going to work. I'm sure everyone thats running some serious hp or even some that arn't are going to find this a very intresting tool.

Now the bad part, I went on the Jeg's website and they arn't on there. When I typed in the part number it said special order only...

I ordered 2.

BlkZoomZoom said:
Unfortunately I can't show it to you....

I was looking through the new Jeg's catalog I got and what did I find? A Intake air temperature sensor, with gauge, probe, harness and everything. Guess how much? How 'bout 30bux? It measures up to 250*F and can be used with air or in liquid.

This is gonna sure beat only being able to read my IAT temps through the WDS. Now I can accurately see how bad the stock intercooler is during runs and see how well my "project" is going to work. I'm sure everyone thats running some serious hp or even some that arn't are going to find this a very intresting tool.

Now the bad part, I went on the Jeg's website and they arn't on there. When I typed in the part number it said special order only...

I ordered 2.

NICE, post some pics when you get it. I would be interested in this. Good find!

RyanJayG said:
are you going to use one pre-, one post- IC?

One's gonna be before the intercooler and one in the Intake manifold, probably right after the throttlebody.

I realized I didn't post the part number 555 41000

well considering I ran 13.15 on the stock motor with the stock turbo and head etc. at 13psi. This year I have a Modern Performance Stage 1 turbo (same one dean ran the 330whp run at 15psi), fully ported polished head, exhaust manifold, intake manifold, gasket matched and polished s-pipe, much more effcient intercooler, hard(er) intercooler pipes, and alittle lighter weight with the lowest boost setting that will be 15psi...

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna smack 12's in the face. My plan is to run 12.5's with the stock potenzas. If it takes nitrous, oh well.

Here's the pics. of the gauge. Not quite what I was expecting, the description is alittle off imo. However they will still serve their purposes.

The gauge has the sending unit inside, so basically its a threaded thermometer.

Attachments

• Hpim0373.jpg
    Hpim0373.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 83
  • Hpim0374.jpg
    Hpim0374.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Hpim0375.jpg
    Hpim0375.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 61
it would of even been cool if they had a thermocouple... so atleast you could monitor them while driving.... but oh well...

oh that sucks ): it woulda been an awesome tool. It helps so much to see the exact air temps, I have one right before my t/b. but it sends the signal to the haltech, so i can only monitor it when i have a laptop, which i basically dont :/

Back