Ice:Link iPod success? display ID3 info? - DELL DJ/Creative MuVo Ice:Link?

LOADED3s

:
2004 MZ3s with all the toys
Hi all:

I know I'm covering a lot of s__t here but I've been thinking.......

I'm sure by now at least one of you must have the Dension Ice:Link Plus (www.densionusa.com) and the Dension mazda adaptor (their item # is I20_Mazda_R2). This eliminates the need to get Ice:Link for Alpine, then going with Alpine/MAZ converter from P.I.E. (I don't have anything against P.I.E. but if there's a product specifically designed for the MZ3, then that's the one I want, not a hack for an Alpine)

My question: is the track info displayed on the MZ3's LCD? Does anyone have a pic of the display with a track playing?

In my opinion, it's nice to be able to control the Pod with the steeringwheel buttons and headunit controls, but if there's no ID3 display, then doing an AUX input would be the most cost-efficient (though you lose things like auto-power-on and headunit control).

Or maybe I'll wait for a different product like the new iCruze coming out from Monster Cable. This product will have a stand-alone LCD Artist/Title display that can be mounted on the console or dash.

But since I don't have an iPod, but I do have a Dell DJ...
I just wish someone would make something for the Dell DJ series like the Ice:Link. The remote port next to the headphone jack on the DJ has all of the same I/O functions built in as the Pod does, but there's no focus on developing products for it. And since the DJ is made by Creative, and theoretically, the Creative MuVo series uses the same 'guts' then it's feasible that the same product would work for all Creative and DJ owners. (enough possible sales to justify R&D/production costs).. Both Creative and Dell offer FM receiver/remote control units that do show ID3 tag info on the little hand-held remote's LCD and can control power (and I believe choose playlists as well) so it would be reasonable to assume that a product like Ice:Link or iCruze could offer a Dell/Creative option as well.

Maybe it's just time to bite the bullet and buy an iPod too like everyone else (yay, conformity!) and eBay the DJ. Is eBay a verb, like google?!

Last edited:
if you do buy an ipod you could always get it modded out so it wouldn't look like every other ipod. ipodmods.com

Back