sell back extended warranty?

:
GLA45
when i got the car i got the extended warranty thing through mazda, and i'm wondering if it's possible to sell it back to them. i know they said if have it and don't make any claims they refund (at least partial, i dont really remember), and when i was talking to a salesman at a subaru dealership he said most car companies will do a partial refund of your extended warranty if you sell your car. so what i'm wondering is if i can get a refund, even partial, for the warranty i know i'm never going to use anyways because making a warranty claim is a pain in the ass and more of an inconvenience than anything and i'll just fix whatever goes wrong myself. anyone know if it's possible?

ehh, i don't like dealers and my paperwork is at home, about 45 mins from school. i should probably just call mazda since the warranty is through them, but i was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this at all to save me some time.

haha, silly me was gonna say mazda australia have a policy of doing no one favours :p

forgot you were only visiting us!!! jsut ring up mazda USA, as i'd presume they are the ones that do all the paper work anyway

ha, i wish i was still in australia.

maybe one day i'll call mazda usa, i've got a few years and like 30k miles before the extended warranty comes into play, so it's no rush :)

I was actually going to do this soon too. I got it orginally cause my previous car gave me alot of problems, so at the time an extended warranty seemed like a good idea. I'm rethinking that now...

$1000 geez you can buy a house for that here :p

mazda might want to charge you a small fee, but i'm sure they'd be happy to let a MSP go!!!

Back