1ST Check Engine Light & Exhaust Leak

BOOSTR

1 OWNR MSP
Check engine light came on 41,900 today. Running an APEX catless down pipe w/o a MIL Eliminator. Doing this for 17,000 miles so far. Thats not the problem, ECU cleared the light and the downpipe seperated at the back pipe on the flex hose. I have always been concerned with the flex portion of the pipe. I am going to get it fixed first thing tomorrow morning at the best exhaust shop, Jiffy Exhaust.

Does the MSP have a self diagnostic feature where the check engine light flashes?

i believe you have to have the code read. my tercel did the blink blink deal but it was obd1, not obd2

The APEX flex hose has to be replaced. Got to wait until later this morning as the shop is busy. I should of just had a custom down pipe made. The pipe was not cheap and should have lasted longer.

Last edited:
It cost me $134.27 to fix my APEX catless down pipe. That sucks as its not even a year old! The new flex hose is quieter, so thats a plus.

Thanks to Bill at Jiffy Exhaust for fixing it so fast. It would of been cheaper to have a custom down pipe built, considering the cost of the unit and today's repair.

Back