Mobil1 15,000 mile oil

Wiggles422

:
MSP #654
Anyone else have a hard time imagining going 15,000 miles without an oil change? I'm a little skeptic. What about the oil filter? Would you have to change that at normal intervals?

Wiggles422 said:
Anyone else have a hard time imagining going 15,000 miles without an oil change? I'm a little skeptic. What about the oil filter? Would you have to change that at normal intervals?

my father seems to go 10k with dino oil on most of his cars and has never had any engine trouble.......just makes sure he keeps it full. i am sure synthetic is good for 15k. when i change mine between 7-8K it still looks pretty good.....

believe you are supposed to change the filter in the middle of that 15K?

AFaceInTheCrowd said:
uhm... i just recently changed my synth at almost 4k and it was black as night. did NOT look ok to me.

I uses mobil 1 and mazda filters and change every 4-5K and its pretty dark. I think it is because of the MSP being FI

Protege52003 said:
my father seems to go 10k with dino oil on most of his cars and has never had any engine trouble.......just makes sure he keeps it full. i am sure synthetic is good for 15k. when i change mine between 7-8K it still looks pretty good.....

believe you are supposed to change the filter in the middle of that 15K?

Hey, Ryan, do you change the filter during those 7000 miles or you still use the original filter you put in with the oil change?

tyusha said:
Hey, Ryan, do you change the filter during those 7000 miles or you still use the original filter you put in with the oil change?

i use the same filter.....filter is good for 10K....keeps my synthetic looking good for the interval i change my oil vik....i should let it go longer!

According to Mobil Oil: www.mobiloil.com

If you use Mobil 1 Extended Performance (15,000 mile or one year, whichever comes first oil), it is NOT necessary to change the oil filter until the 15,000 mile oil change. It is also not necessary to use a special oil filter. Apparently, according to the website, the Mobil 1 EP oil is identical to original Mobil 1 with the exception of a more comprehensive additive package which enables a longer duration between oil changes.

i'm using that new mobil1 in my p5 with a fram filter. the oil still looks pretty clean on the dipstick, so i'm pushin the change. gonna stick to changing filters every 3000 like i always do though. i'm also running an aftermarket oil cooler, so that might help out with oil longevity. (thumb)

mokeOne said:
i'm using that new mobil1 in my p5 with a fram filter. the oil still looks pretty clean on the dipstick, so i'm pushin the change. gonna stick to changing filters every 3000 like i always do though. i'm also running an aftermarket oil cooler, so that might help out with oil longevity. (thumb)

i use the same combo.....but i belive it is a waste to change every 3k with you P5. the synthetic oil is made to go way longer than that. stick with dino oil if you are going to do it avery 3K.....

I use Torco 5w30 synthetic. I change my oil every 9000km. And every 3000km, I change my K&N oil filter and do a top off. Oil is clean judging from the dipstick.

Protege52003 said:
i use the same combo.....but i belive it is a waste to change every 3k with you P5. the synthetic oil is made to go way longer than that. stick with dino oil if you are going to do it avery 3K.....

oh naw naw, i meant changing just the filter every 3k. i'm gonna see what's the longest i can stretch the oil change. i figure changing the filter might help it.

Back